Thursday already!

Another week is flying by! My sister and her husband arrived Sunday afternoon and we have been busy every minute since! Moments after they arrived we headed to a Superbowl party. Larry said he never would have believed that he would be watching the ballgame with THIS crowd!This is about HALF of the ladies...and the men were in the other room. We will say that Larry just wanted to be near his wife, but you can draw your own conclusion! I don't see her in this photo, do you?
The week is flying by....there is never a dull moment when Joanne and Larry are with us anyway. Being the "youngsters" in this park has added to our fun. We are participating in the activities as usual, but have thrown in a few outdoor activities since the weather has been cool, but sunny all week. We have watched a few rented movies and played lots of games. Much of our week has revolved around food. Those of you who know my mom and her gift for hospitality know that when she has company, she thinks of FOOD! Last night we had steaks on the grill, yum!
Mom is so proud and happy to have two of her three kids here. Of course we all wish my brother was here, too. Today is her birthday and we are celebrating with friends from the park here.
I have brought up to Ron the possibility of heading home early. We do miss our family and those grandkids. But after discussing it, we know that in Louisiana weather, Ron would be right in the peak of his "allergy season". We only have a few more weeks, so we will survive. I cannot forget how nice it is to be headed somewhere in the park and run into my dad, or my mom! It IS nice to be so close.
So all is well. Watch for party pictures tomorrow!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sitting here laughing and agreeing with you, Carolyn - I don't see your sister ANYWHERE in that picture - but there's Larry!!

Sounds like you're having a really great time. Wasn't the Super Bowl great? I didn't even care who won, I cheered for anybody doing well - but you had to love that the underdogs won. Since I didn't care about the game much, of course I was watching for the commercials!

My cousins are coming to visit this weekend - they're flying in from Detroit just to spend the weekend, so John and I have been having fun coming up with menus. I took Friday and Monday off work, so I'm looking forward to a 4-day weekend with lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your pics!

Love,
Anna

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday