AAAAaaaaaah (as in a big sigh!)

Well....


We made it home and have been here a day already. We pushed on the last 500 miles on Tuesday arriving home at 7 p.m. Jake was here and had the water heater heating up, the furnace on and had Christie and Emmaleigh here waiting. What a joy!





Heather brought Ashlyn and Samantha over within 10 minutes and we spent an hour hugging and kissing!!! Samantha had only the tiniest of pink spots, if you looked. (Remnants of a very mild case of chicken pox) She went back to school yesterday.





Wednesday was full of things to do after being gone for almost 2 months. I keep laughing at myself when I find a Christmas rug, or some other Christmas item still out. I forget that we left only 2 days after Christmas.





After school was out on Wednesday, Ashlyn and Samantha came to our house. They did their homework and I fixed hot dogs and baked beans. Ron bundled up as our temps were in the 40's or 50's and windy....and headed to the LSU baseball game. I took the girls to church for Easter Play practice.





This morning Emmie came to stay with us while her Mommy went to work. She has slipped right back into her routine here and seems very happy. She has asked for her Mommy a couple of times but is easily distracted. She is saying so many more things than when we left. As you can see, we feel that she missed us and is glad for us to be home.










Don't know what the next couple of weeks will hold. We just have to get unpacked and back to normal. Oh...and I might as well tell you....the weather in Phoenix has been in the mid to high 80's ever since we left. Go figure!

Comments

Anonymous said…
There's no place like home!! So glad to hear you made it home safe. I'm sure it feels great to be home. It looks like your granddaughters missed you guys as much as you've missed them.
Love Jackie
Anonymous said…
Just got around to catching up on your blog. Hope you are well. Ed and Dorotha just left for a cruise. They will be back next Sunday. Danny has to go the heart doctor this week, he failed the stress test, and will probably have to have a heart cathater done. I will let you know how it goes.
Love Lori B.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday