Busy days!

No photos today. Joanne and Larry left early this morning. I mean EARLY....Mom said that the shuttle called Larry's cell phone at 4 a.m. to get the code for the front gate, so they got up even earlier than that. Of course with them sleeping at Mom's house, we were not awake when they left. We wished them good bye and safe travels last night. They did call Mom and Dad after arriving home in Traverse City. They had a direct flight from Phoenix to Detroit, a short layover there and a quick flight on into T.C....so they left Phoenix at 7 something and were home to their house before 1:00 our time this afternoon!!!

I did get up by 6 and headed over to the resort restrooms for a nice shower. I stopped into the fitness room on my way back. The weather was in the 50's at that time...but the sun was coming up and it was already warming up. This place is jumping by 6 a.m. The pool had people in it for swimming exercise and the fitness room was pretty full. People were even in the laundry room working! I am rarely up and about that early!

Exercise class was from 8 until 8:40 and then I rushed back home to get my Bible and notebook and headed back to Bible Study. I was only back "home" about an hour before Ron came back from picking fruit with my Dad and another friend. They picked oranges, grapefruit and lemons...gleaning them from someone's orchard, so they were free and plentiful!!!! Ron cleaned up and we ran to pick up a burger and some groceries.

As soon as we returned home, he changed and headed to the pool and I put up the groceries, addressed a couple of greeting cards to mail and gathered the garbage. After changing and filling my "pool bag", I headed over, dropping the kitchen garbage on the way. We spent a couple hours at the pool and even swam a bit before returning home to fix our supper.

I fixed salmon and a nice big green salad. We washed the dishes and then rode our bikes over to my folks as we knew they would feel a bit lonely with Joanne and Larry gone. I played cards with Mom while Ron and Dad watched tv and we had a bite of ice cream.

Tomorrow morning after exercise, Mom is headed to the bowling alley. It is her turn to drive. Dad has a dr. appt. so Ron is going to take him. I plan to juice all the lemons with Mom's electric juicer and will freeze the juice for pies and lemonaide!

Since it is Mom's bowling day, I will prepare supper for us and I plan to fix my Mexican Chicken Stew in the crock pot.

Today I was invited to join the Water Volleyball game. A group plays every afternoon from 1:30-3:30. One of my mom's neighbors that I have gotten acquainted with was encouraging me to play, but they were well along in their game when we showed up. I did tell her I would come tomorrow at 1:30 as the weather is supposed to be nice again tomorrow (mid to high 70's today, again!) We are finding quite a few people in the park closer to our age...perhaps in their 60's.

My folks will come and eat at 5 p.m. tomorrow and then we will head to bingo!!!! I am not letting any grass grow under my feet!

Today Ron and I were looking at the calendar. We will be leaving for home two weeks from this coming Saturday! We started penciling in all of the activities (most of them revolving around FOOD) for the next 2 weeks. Our street is having a pot luck, the park is having a pot luck, Mom and Dad have invited us to join them at the Michigan state party (catered), they also invited us to a free dinner at Edward Jones that they will attend. The weather should continue to stay nice: warm days with an occasional cooler day here and there, so we will spend time out of doors as much as possible. The Vendors Market is again this Saturday...there is a show in the auditorium/ballroom we plan to attend on Valentine's Day. Then...when you schedule in the weekly Bible Study, Computer Club, and Bingo....the bi-weekly Pickle Ball, and the exercise 4 days a week....well....I might better start packing for our trip home!!!! haha

I think our remaining 2 1/2 weeks in Arizona are going to go fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday