School holidays and changed plans
For the next couple of months I am taking care of Emmie after school. The cost of extended care for these children sure surprises me! Anyway....I committed to a few months to help them out. I was already picking her up on Monday's and Tuesdays and her other grandparents were picking her up on Fridays....so they were paying the entire fee for the privilege of leaving Emmie 2 days a week! Of course when there is a school holiday, it means that I have her all day!
Yesterday was Ashlyn and Samantha's first day of holiday. They came over in time for pizza for supper and we blew up the air mattress and kept all 3 girls overnight. Our plan was to take them to a movie this morning. But the weather was pretty nasty and threatening this morning when we got up.
Yesterday was Ashlyn and Samantha's first day of holiday. They came over in time for pizza for supper and we blew up the air mattress and kept all 3 girls overnight. Our plan was to take them to a movie this morning. But the weather was pretty nasty and threatening this morning when we got up.
I went to Walmart and picked up 3 Gingerbread House Kits (and a couple of movies) and we settled in to a fun day at home! Although there was some pretty rough weather a little ways north of us, we only got some rain. It moved through quickly and we could have gone ahead with our plans....but I think we all enjoyed "Plan B".
The concentration level was fierce!
"Okay......STAY!"
A little helping hand...
Even Grandpa tried to help...
...but Sam's project was a fail!
"Oh well, I'll eat it!"
But Ashlyn hung in there.
And Emmie kept at it for awhile.
I guess it was pretty humid...the icing just wouldn't "set" and do its job!
So...the girls gave up for awhile and played dress-up.....and watched a couple of movies. Emmie and I got back to her "house" a bit later after the bigger girls went home.
Emmie's house.
But with the grandkids here, there is always an aftermath!
I am writing this at 7:30 p.m. The grands have gone home. The house is picked up.
Hmmmmm....it's kind of quiet here.
Seeya later!
Comments