Ooops!

Today is Saturday.  When we last spoke, I was preparing for my book club friends.  Ron left Wednesday to go to "the camp" to hunt alone for a couple of days.  The lease is rather small as leases go, so when all of them are there it seems there is a lot of "activity" in the woods.  Ron felt like he would prefer to hunt when there wasn't so much coming and going!  So....he left on Wednesday. 

Several years ago a neighbor/friend gave me a recipe for Turkey and Wild Rice Soup.  I started buying wild rice in Michigan when I go, since it is a little hard to find around here.  I guess I have fixed this soup for these friends before because one of them requested it when I told them I would have them over for supper.  So, I put the finishing touches on the house decorations, set the table and fixed the food.  There ended up being 6 of us together and we had a pleasant evening.  When they were preparing to leave I realized that none of us had even MENTIONED a book!  haha.    By the way, this was the kind of party to have.  When the last friend left, I walked back into the house from seeing her off....and turned the dishwasher on.  Then I glanced around the kitchen/dining room and realized I was done!  I had set the table with my china so had a lot of dishes out.  When we started breaking up our gathering, everyone jumped up and started picking up.  Every single thing was done!  The dishes were in the dishwasher, the leftover food was stored and put up, the tables were cleared, wiped, etc.  The candles were extinguished and the tablecloths and napkins were shook and piled up for the hamper!  Like I said, all I had to do was turn on the dishwasher!!!  If you want to have a dinner party, I highly recommend this group for your guests!!!

Oh....and as the last guest was driving away, it dawned on me that I had not taken a SINGLE picture of our gathering.   Ooops!

Speaking of books (which we didn't do!!!), I just finished reading one of the last books in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series.  Have any of you been reading them? 
Each book in this series was a street address from the imaginary village of Cedar Cove.  I really enjoy Debbie Macomber books.  She has been writing this series for 11 years.  1105 Yakima Street was the 11th and there is a Christmas book that is the end of the series.  I am on the wait list for it at the library.  Since I haven't heard from the library, I did start another book last night.

Yesterday (Friday) I picked Emmie up at noon and she played happily all afternoon.  It was warm but rainy most of the day.  Ron called to say he had shot a 7 point.  Jake was on his way up for the weekend hunt, so he took a picture of the head and horns, although Frank and Ron had already cut up the rest of the deer.


Today, turned out to be much cooler (yesterday was about 75, today was probably 55!) but sunny.  I was alone and had a very relaxing, quiet day.  I watched a couple of Christmas movies while I sorted through a stack of paperwork from my desk (which I had stashed out of sight before my company came) and also wrapped gifts for under the tree!  I washed the sheets from my bed but since it was gloomy and gray this morning, I thought it might be another rainy day like yesterday and dried them in the dryer.  Don't you know just as I took them out of the dryer, the sun came out and shone all afternoon.  I LOVE to sleep on sheets fresh off the line.  Oh well...tonight they will be sheets freshly washed and dried in the dryer. 

I guess I am done with all my preparations for Christmas. I will leave you with some pictures of my decorations. Enjoy!






Seeya later!

Comments

Traci said…
Your book club sounds like the one I'm in. We rarely talk about a book! I love Debbie Macomber books. I haven't finished the Cedar Cove series yet. I need to do that. All of your decorations are really pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday