Old and out of shape!
How was your weekend?
Ours was pretty busy...well, Friday and Saturday were!
Friday was our Big R Club Christmas luncheon and we always look forward to it!
Ron had a 'tummy ache'. Probably from all the food he ate at the luncheon...oh..and he probably was a bit upset when he ate it. He is taking over as treasurer for this next year and the current treasurer had a dr. appointment so asked Ron to collect the money for the meals. This particular restaurant wants ONE check from the club and so we ask those attending to bring their money (a flat price) in an envelope with their name on it. Somehow, between collecting those envelopes at the door, double checking to see that the correct amount was inside, and putting it together (why were they doing that THEN??), Ron couldn't make it balance. Several different ones came to him to help but he just couldn't come up with the right amount. He had taken one business sized envelope and wrote all of the names and amounts on it...he was short the amount for ONE COUPLE. The issue wasn't resolved when he came to eat his food...and he got up a couple times in the middle of his meal to consult with the current treasurer who had arrived. Long story short, we determined that it was a CHECK that was missing and we found it in the envelope Ron had used for his 'checklist' and had never OPENED ! Haha! We decided that he hadn't even taken office yet, and they were going to consider firing him! However everyone laughed and cheered when the check was found. It was a happy ending. He was a good sport and laughed at himself. He even admitted that the day before he had folded all of the DIRTY clothes I had sorted into baskets......AND PUT THEM AWAY!
All of that to say that HE did not join the girls and I in playing games when we got home, but I taught them to play "Chicken Foot" with dominoes. We got through one game before they were building "trains" to collapse!!
Saturday morning we hurried around and went to the Zachary Christmas parade! I took a picture of Emmie riding in the float with her dance class....but, I had my camera in MOVIE mode instead of snapshot and it is a flash of her, and a whole lot of the pavement beneath my feet! Good grief!
Saturday afternoon Sam went home, but Ashlyn stayed and we followed Christie to town. We shopped around in several different stores and then ended up at Olive Garden to eat supper. Christie had her niece join us (Nikki is nearly the same age as Christie) and we were going to take Emmie to see Puss and Boots afterward. The only thing is that when we got to the theater we learned that the paper's listing of the times was WRONG and the movie was not playing anymore that evening. Bummer. By then we were all tired and couldn't come up with an alternative movie that Emmie could (or would) see....so we went across to the mall and walked around for 2 hours! Yikes! I did a LOT of standing and waiting. It was fun watching all the people, and Emmie was having a ball. Ashlyn is so good with her and even though there is 7+ years between them, they are good buddies! Anyway....by the time I dropped Ashlyn off and came home, I was physically exhausted. When I got up Sunday morning, I had a muscle in my back that was VERY VERY painful. I decided to lay around all day and take ibuprofin....so that is what I did most of Sunday.
Happy to report that it feels MUCH better today, although it is not completely gone. I guess this just proves that I am old and out of shape! I am glad it is better because I have a bunch to do. I am having my "NOT A Book Club" friends over Thursday for supper! Guess I had better get to work. I have cooking, baking, cleaning, decorating AND wrapping to do. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
How YOU doin??
Seeya later!
Ours was pretty busy...well, Friday and Saturday were!
Friday was our Big R Club Christmas luncheon and we always look forward to it!
Friday night I had Ashlyn and Samantha stay overnight with us. Ron and I took them downtown (in Zachary) to the 'lighting of the Christmas tree'. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that great and we got a bit chilly! There was some free hot chocolate and food, and there were some fireworks after the tree was lit, but it was crowded and ...well, we just decided we would rather get home.
Ron had a 'tummy ache'. Probably from all the food he ate at the luncheon...oh..and he probably was a bit upset when he ate it. He is taking over as treasurer for this next year and the current treasurer had a dr. appointment so asked Ron to collect the money for the meals. This particular restaurant wants ONE check from the club and so we ask those attending to bring their money (a flat price) in an envelope with their name on it. Somehow, between collecting those envelopes at the door, double checking to see that the correct amount was inside, and putting it together (why were they doing that THEN??), Ron couldn't make it balance. Several different ones came to him to help but he just couldn't come up with the right amount. He had taken one business sized envelope and wrote all of the names and amounts on it...he was short the amount for ONE COUPLE. The issue wasn't resolved when he came to eat his food...and he got up a couple times in the middle of his meal to consult with the current treasurer who had arrived. Long story short, we determined that it was a CHECK that was missing and we found it in the envelope Ron had used for his 'checklist' and had never OPENED ! Haha! We decided that he hadn't even taken office yet, and they were going to consider firing him! However everyone laughed and cheered when the check was found. It was a happy ending. He was a good sport and laughed at himself. He even admitted that the day before he had folded all of the DIRTY clothes I had sorted into baskets......AND PUT THEM AWAY!
All of that to say that HE did not join the girls and I in playing games when we got home, but I taught them to play "Chicken Foot" with dominoes. We got through one game before they were building "trains" to collapse!!
Saturday morning we hurried around and went to the Zachary Christmas parade! I took a picture of Emmie riding in the float with her dance class....but, I had my camera in MOVIE mode instead of snapshot and it is a flash of her, and a whole lot of the pavement beneath my feet! Good grief!
Saturday afternoon Sam went home, but Ashlyn stayed and we followed Christie to town. We shopped around in several different stores and then ended up at Olive Garden to eat supper. Christie had her niece join us (Nikki is nearly the same age as Christie) and we were going to take Emmie to see Puss and Boots afterward. The only thing is that when we got to the theater we learned that the paper's listing of the times was WRONG and the movie was not playing anymore that evening. Bummer. By then we were all tired and couldn't come up with an alternative movie that Emmie could (or would) see....so we went across to the mall and walked around for 2 hours! Yikes! I did a LOT of standing and waiting. It was fun watching all the people, and Emmie was having a ball. Ashlyn is so good with her and even though there is 7+ years between them, they are good buddies! Anyway....by the time I dropped Ashlyn off and came home, I was physically exhausted. When I got up Sunday morning, I had a muscle in my back that was VERY VERY painful. I decided to lay around all day and take ibuprofin....so that is what I did most of Sunday.
Happy to report that it feels MUCH better today, although it is not completely gone. I guess this just proves that I am old and out of shape! I am glad it is better because I have a bunch to do. I am having my "NOT A Book Club" friends over Thursday for supper! Guess I had better get to work. I have cooking, baking, cleaning, decorating AND wrapping to do. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
How YOU doin??
Seeya later!
Comments