Yes! January 1st! 2009

I guess we are getting old! We didn't celebrate at all last night. Actually, I did something I rarely do, and went to bed early. Ron did something HE rarely does and stayed up late! We did spend a good bit of time yesterday on our dining room remodel. (Before you say anything, remember that our dining room and kitchen are one big room. We are doing the dining room end FIRST so we can utilize the built-in cabinets for extra storage when we tear into the kitchen and remove all the cupboards!!!)

We were nearly stumped by a pocket door between our dining room and hallway, but after removing the trim on the door opening today we were able to lift the old slab door off the track. A quick run to Home Depot and we were taking the hardware off the old door and putting it onto a new door before noon! I have one side painted already and we hope to have it hanging by tomorrow.

I got some electrical information from my dad via email and phone calls and will be doing some wiring modification tomorrow as well. In a few days we will hopefully be ready to start hanging new sheet rock/wall board. This is a LONG WAY from where we are going so don't get too excited for us!

Unbelievably, our first granddaughter turned 10 years old today! Happy Birthday dear sweet Ashlyn. We will be celebrating with her on Saturday at her Bowling Birthday Party!

Pictures in my next post........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday