OH MY GOSH!!!

I have just discovered a whole new world!!!

First I must confess that I have become OBSESSED with the Rate My Space web site lately. (This is NOT the whole new world I am speaking of, however.) I only look at kitchens (I wonder WHY?) and found a kitchen last summer on the website that is still up there with my favorites. It isn't so much that it is a spectacular kitchen (although I really do think it is beautiful) but the owner of the kitchen was giving STEP-BY-STEP directions on how she created this kitchen. http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Kitchens/Painted-and-Glazed-Cabinets--H/detail.esi?oid=502532

Anyway....Ron and I have been having "discussions" about whether or not to put a pretty or fancy hood over our range when we get to that point......or to go the "microwave over the stove" route. I wanted the former....but Ron is a little frightened about cutting a hole in the ROOF! If you will remember, I am moving the stove to a new wall in the kitchen, and we don't currently have a vented hood anyway. Ummm....back to my point:
I started browsing kitchens in the RMS site to see if I thought I could live with the "microwave over the stove". Somehow I stumbled upon a post with a cutesy name and found a link to a blog in the description of the photo. When I went to the lady's blog, I discovered that there is a new obsession going on. I will call it FANCY blogging! WHAT A WORLD!!!!

People blog. They decorate their blog sites. They attract "followers". They give things away.

I discovered this new way of blogging last night. I tried to "dress up" my blog with the background you see. Tonight I decided to see what else I could do to my blog and that is when I found this "other world". I feel like Alice and I have just stepped through the Looking Glass.

I think I may, I think I might, try some of the things I have found this night! (But I will do that later.....!)

First, I promised you pictures:

Taking down paneling


This is the dining room..like my table? The wall you are looking at is at the opposite end from the kitchen. You see standing cabinets on the left and right. These will be built in and they will have cabinetry between them as well.


This picture was taken from my kitchen near my back door. I am looking across a portion of the dining room toward the door to the hallway. To the right of that doorway, you may not be able to see a dark, slab door in the wall. Today we took it out and hung a painted 6 panel masonite door in it's place! Hooray! PROGRESS!

Also today, I did some electrical work! In that second picture where I said I was going to have cabinetry between the tall cabinets......there were some outlets on that wall. I needed to move one a foot and then raise it and another one up to counter height. The plan for the cabinetry is a 6 foot base with a counter top, then wall cabinets hung above that will have glass doors and glass shelves! I really wanted to hard-wire cabinet lights. You know....under cabinet lighting shining down on the countertop and then lights in the TOP of the glass front cabinet to shine down through the shelves. I called Dad for advice and he suggested that instead of "hard-wiring" the puck lights, I just come off the circuit with another outlet (which will be INSIDE the glass front cabinetry) with a SWITCH operating that outlet! GREAT IDEA!!

So that is just what I did! Ron doesn't like electrical work and I am long on patience for these things. So he watched football and I wired outlets. He took a nap and I wired outlets. He fixed us French Toast for supper and I wired outlets. Okay....I'm slow. But I got them done.

And it was good!

By the way......isn't THIS a cute picture???

(Couldn't resist putting that one in here!)

I am a little bummed this evening. This morning I discovered that I was getting a fever blister. I get them in CLUSTERS and, although I haven't had one in over a year....maybe two.....I carry an acyclovar cream always in my purse. I'm using it.....but the expiration date stamped on the end says November 2002. I wonder why it isn't helping much!!!!





Comments

Cinda said…
I commend you on your tenacity and energy! 'course YOU're still young :)

I have to admit that I hyperventilate when I watch RMS and others when they're in the stage of your dining room with the studs fully exposed. But I love to watch and dream.

Onward and upward!

Did I miss the blog decoration link?
Jodi said…
I'm so glad you're back to blogging! And I love what you've done with the 'place' - it's GORGEOUS (oh yeah, and the kitchen is coming along nicely too). haha. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday