Epiphany
Wikipedia says "Epiphany (holiday), a Christian holiday on January 6 celebrating the visit of the Magi to the infant Jesus "
I have pondered a bit this week on what our Sunday School teacher said last Sunday. He said that the Christmas Season began on Christmas and ended on Epiphany. I have decided he was implying that the time before Christmas is ADVENT. So, since according to Mr. Babin the season doesn't end for a few more days, I am still enjoying my pretty Christmas tree. (It sounds like a good excuse to me!!)
What a fun day I have had! What a fun day MANY of my family and their friends have had! My day consisted of:
Sitting in my jammies, drinking coffee and talking about "nothings" with my sister on the phone.
Going to the mall (and discovering a couple of really great sales....in fact, I might try to go back to the mall on Monday because today our time was limited).
Eating lunch out (with my dear hubby, our daughter-in-law and youngest granddaughter)
Bowling! (Haven't done that in years. The eldest granddaughter's birthday party was a bowling party and I got to bowl....and enjoyed it!)
Being with BOTH of our kids, their spouses and ALL 3 of our granddaughters.
Son and his family stopping here afterward, eating pizza and romping on the floor for quite a while with the "little one".
I haven't uploaded my pictures...and another guest at the party had a fancier camera and is sending me some of her pictures via email....so pictures of the party will be forthcoming. For now, here is a picture of the adorable cake Ashlyn's other grandmother made for her. 
The little blonde pony-tailed girl is sliding right down the lane with her bowling ball!
Oh! Before I close for the day I must post a correction! I neglected to say that when I was wiring those electrical outlets yesterday, my SON-IN-LAW had looked the situation over and given me his suggestions earlier......suggestions, I might add, that were very HELPFUL. Since my dad is a retired electrician, I only called him for TECHNICAL advice....like "How do I hook up 2 of these fat wires with ONE SCREW" (or "Can I use a pigtail, and HOW?")
So I end this post with my most HUMBLE APOLOGY TO MY FAVORITE SON-IN-LAW for omitting his credit due!
Comments