Tuesday
A nice day! The sun came up on another chilly day but it was sunny all day without a cloud in the sky. It only warmed up to the mid 60's but Ron got some time in the sun down by the pool.
I attended Bible study with Mom. They are beginning a study on The Grace Awakening....a book by Charles Swindoll. I am glad to be able to take part in the study.
In the afternoon, Mom and I visited a few consignment stores in the area, then came back and picked up the guys and went to Wendy's for an early supper. At 7 they were showing a movie in the social hall. The movie was Ocean's Thirteen. There was a pretty good crowd there for the movie, but we had a bit of a problem. The volume was a little low and we had never seen Ocean's Eleven, so we really struggled to follow the story line. We weren't the only ones.....several couples left during the movie. We hung in until the end and actually thought it was a pretty good movie...but one that we should probably see again so we understand it!!!
The four of us are going up to Laughlin Nevada on Friday on a bus. The buses run up to the casinos there. None of us are into gambling, but the bus ride up there is entertaining....and we will be able to enjoy the passing scenery. We will be given coupons for the buffet dinner and will have the opportunity to put a few quarters into the slot machines.
I have been doing the morning exercise classes with Mom and Dad, although Ron has opted for working out on his own in the fitness room. Sometimes my previously broken ankle gives me some discomfort and this morning was no exception....it has actually been hurting off and on all day today after doing some jumping jacks this morning. There are so many opportunities for exercise. I may just go to the water aerobics class for awhile. The pools are heated, so even in the cooler weather you can enjoy the pool.
I am not only getting some crazy comments from my son from this blog, but am also getting more emails from some of my friends and family. It is great to hear from you all
I attended Bible study with Mom. They are beginning a study on The Grace Awakening....a book by Charles Swindoll. I am glad to be able to take part in the study.
In the afternoon, Mom and I visited a few consignment stores in the area, then came back and picked up the guys and went to Wendy's for an early supper. At 7 they were showing a movie in the social hall. The movie was Ocean's Thirteen. There was a pretty good crowd there for the movie, but we had a bit of a problem. The volume was a little low and we had never seen Ocean's Eleven, so we really struggled to follow the story line. We weren't the only ones.....several couples left during the movie. We hung in until the end and actually thought it was a pretty good movie...but one that we should probably see again so we understand it!!!
The four of us are going up to Laughlin Nevada on Friday on a bus. The buses run up to the casinos there. None of us are into gambling, but the bus ride up there is entertaining....and we will be able to enjoy the passing scenery. We will be given coupons for the buffet dinner and will have the opportunity to put a few quarters into the slot machines.
I have been doing the morning exercise classes with Mom and Dad, although Ron has opted for working out on his own in the fitness room. Sometimes my previously broken ankle gives me some discomfort and this morning was no exception....it has actually been hurting off and on all day today after doing some jumping jacks this morning. There are so many opportunities for exercise. I may just go to the water aerobics class for awhile. The pools are heated, so even in the cooler weather you can enjoy the pool.
I am not only getting some crazy comments from my son from this blog, but am also getting more emails from some of my friends and family. It is great to hear from you all
Comments
Gorgeous afghan BTW!
hehehe
The girls have left you a new message on thier blog and are anxiously awaiting a new message for them on yours.
Love Heather