We've Been Here One Week!
It was noon last Monday that we checked in to the Sunflower Resort. There are so many opportunities for activities that we can hardly decide what to do. Me being me, I have made it my business to pour over the lists and attend the weekly "announcement" meetings. I have been setting my alarm to get up early so I can be dressed and fed and ready for the day to start by 8 a.m. And it does!
On evenings that we don't plan anything, I have been trying to work on an afghan I started in 1996 I think (and am embarrassed to ad
mit. Ok, how many of you finish everything you start???) I am hoping that not having the distractions of home improvement projects or grandchildren will allow me to focus on this project, but there are so many things here that I want to take part in! Just in case....this is what my afghan is supposed to look like when it is finished!
mit. Ok, how many of you finish everything you start???) I am hoping that not having the distractions of home improvement projects or grandchildren will allow me to focus on this project, but there are so many things here that I want to take part in! Just in case....this is what my afghan is supposed to look like when it is finished! Ron being Ron, he has spent his time reading the sports page in the paper, watching assorted sporting events on tv, working out in the fitness room, and napping on the couch with the remote in his hands. He is usually in bed before me, and still there when I get up in the morning. I guess he would say that his focus is on RELAXATION (except for the working out) while mine is on ACTIVITY.
We are both looking forward to some sightseeing around the state at some point, and also some time at the pool. The weather has just not been cooperating for either at this time. Today is rainy and cool. I have some homemade soup in the crockpot!
Comments
Hugs to your mom and dad. They are not missing a thing here. It feels like April. All our snow is gone(coming back this weekend though) - lost to a ton of rain. We went down to see the new Tester baby Monday night and unexpectedly ran through a foot of water on the curve by "Little South America" island. There should be a 'wake law' established - it went right over the roof of the car.
Have fun! Keep notes on retirement for us! We'll get there someday!
Love, C