Settling In
In our move to our new home (however temporary), we have done the normal things one would do in a new location. We have met some of our neighbors, familiarized ourselves with the facilities here, explored the park to get our directional bearings, explored OUTSIDE the park to find the nearest grocery store, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, and what restaurants are nearby! We have explored the assorted local television channels and Ron knows exactly how to use the remote to his advantage!!! We have even taken part in a few of the activities here. Contrary to the beliefs of my son, not EVERYONE in this park is 80 or 90 years old (although many of them are...and they are some very ACTIVE 80-year-olds!)
Now that I have my wireless card and have access to the internet from the comfort of my little "house on wheels", we hope to find out what the Phoenix area, and other parts of Arizona have to offer. Ron and I want to do some sightseeing while we are out here. When we were here 7 years ago, we visited some of the beautiful AND interesting places in Arizona, but would like to explore some of them a bit more closely. We have even received some suggestions from some of you! Thanks.
We do wish the weather was a bit warmer, but knew that it would probably be just as it is. The days have been near or at about 70 degrees, with the nights cooling down. Since we are used to high humidity, I think we both feel we aren't warm enough unless we are sweating!!!
I am thoroughly enjoying the proximity to my parents. We spend time together AND apart every day. And with cell phones, email, webcams, etc., I don't even feel that disconnected from my family at home. (Although I will admit that we haven't been gone long, yet!!!)
We each have discovered things in this park that we are interested in. Today I joined the Computer Club. Ron has enjoyed the fitness room and has been working out and lifting weights....something he enjoyed earlier in our life together before life got too busy. We have yet to find something that we will be doing TOGETHER! But we are looking! I have been going to the weekday exercise classes at 8 a.m. (Where and WHEN did I lose all my flexibility???) Ron has been eyeing the tennis court with the thought that he may start playing Pickle Ball. I have been looking at the different sewing and craft groups.
We are struggling with mornings right now. It does not get daylight until 7:30 a.m. and Ron could happily sleep. I, on the other hand, enjoy an hour or two of quiet time with my coffee nearby in the morning. Since it is still dark, and there is no "go-to-work" traffic outside our door,I frequently find that I am waking later than normal and still lounging in robe and slippers 15 minutes before some activity is to begin! I am not complaining. We are just trying to find our "new normal".
Tomorrow I will try to take some pictures to share with you.
Now that I have my wireless card and have access to the internet from the comfort of my little "house on wheels", we hope to find out what the Phoenix area, and other parts of Arizona have to offer. Ron and I want to do some sightseeing while we are out here. When we were here 7 years ago, we visited some of the beautiful AND interesting places in Arizona, but would like to explore some of them a bit more closely. We have even received some suggestions from some of you! Thanks.
We do wish the weather was a bit warmer, but knew that it would probably be just as it is. The days have been near or at about 70 degrees, with the nights cooling down. Since we are used to high humidity, I think we both feel we aren't warm enough unless we are sweating!!!
I am thoroughly enjoying the proximity to my parents. We spend time together AND apart every day. And with cell phones, email, webcams, etc., I don't even feel that disconnected from my family at home. (Although I will admit that we haven't been gone long, yet!!!)
We each have discovered things in this park that we are interested in. Today I joined the Computer Club. Ron has enjoyed the fitness room and has been working out and lifting weights....something he enjoyed earlier in our life together before life got too busy. We have yet to find something that we will be doing TOGETHER! But we are looking! I have been going to the weekday exercise classes at 8 a.m. (Where and WHEN did I lose all my flexibility???) Ron has been eyeing the tennis court with the thought that he may start playing Pickle Ball. I have been looking at the different sewing and craft groups.
We are struggling with mornings right now. It does not get daylight until 7:30 a.m. and Ron could happily sleep. I, on the other hand, enjoy an hour or two of quiet time with my coffee nearby in the morning. Since it is still dark, and there is no "go-to-work" traffic outside our door,I frequently find that I am waking later than normal and still lounging in robe and slippers 15 minutes before some activity is to begin! I am not complaining. We are just trying to find our "new normal".
Tomorrow I will try to take some pictures to share with you.
Comments
Today Sam made a pitcher with her pottery wheel and Ashlyn made some rubber balls with her craft kit. Ashlyn, Sam, and I played a game of UNO and watched TV. George and I also watched our second NETFLIX movie of the month. It is COOOOLLLLDDDD here, so 70 sounds great to me. The dog's water bowl froze solid last night.
Love ya, Heather
Does Ron need any BenGay from that working out yet?
Your hair looks like it might have a little blue tint since ya'll have been out there with those old people :)
Have fun.
Bill
I love you! I am learning to skate on my new roller skates. We just played a board game with mommy and daddy. Mommy has been sick since yesterday night.
Love, Ashlyn
Please give us an update. The girls look forward to reading this everyday, and it's been 4 days since an update. They are wondering why you have not posted the pictures you said you would post on the 4th.
Heather