Monday
I am finally getting this posted on Tuesday morning. I tried several times Monday afternoon....and then in the evening....to access the blog and get a post. It wouldn't work so gave up until this morning. Here is my Monday post:
Well. Another Monday has come and gone. Ron and I just returned from my folks’ place where we ate supper and watched the State Of The Union Address.
Yesterday was an AWFUL day. It had rained all night the night before. It rained all day yesterday and continued into the night. It was blah, blah, blah. Ron and I came home after church and settled on the couch and recliner and I don't think we ever got up again until it was time for bed. I didn't even cook....we "sandwiched" all afternoon!
So today, Ron, Mom and I went to see "The Bucket List." It was a good movie about two men who had both just learned they were terminally ill, meeting each other at the hospital when they were both diagnosed, and how knowing one another changed both of them for the rest of their respective lives. We enjoyed the movie, and ran by the mall so Mom could return something on our way home. I chuckled throughout our afternoon, recalling an incident at lunch: We stopped at an "In And Out" Hamburger joint that Mom has been to before. We ordered our meal, but it was very crowded. As we were waiting for our food, the 3 of us wandered around watching for someone who looked like they were about to "vacate" their table...to no avail. We ended up going outside, which wasn't too bad because the sun was shining but it was a little gusty. For what ever reason, Ron went back inside to get something... napkins... ketchup...I don't know. My seat was facing the entrance to the place so I saw him go in...although I wasn't looking directly at him. All of the sudden, as I raised my head to take my first bite of my burger, I saw him RACE back through the little entrance to the door we were near. He was REALLY moving fast and it makes me laugh to remember! He had found us a table inside and didn’t want to lose it!!! We ended up inside, but I keep seeing him running through that foyer to the door. He never moves that quickly!!!!
Saturday was also a very nice day. The sun was VERY bright and the day warmed up nicely. Dad decided that it would be a good day for a ride and so we started out at 9 something and headed west on Bell Road. Surprise used to be about as far west as the city went on this northwest corner of Phoenix....but not any more!!!! We drove quite a ways before we got out of commercial areas and beyond residential areas. We finally hit the open spaces! We rode all the way around a small mountain range on the west of us. (Actually big hills) There was a new residential area being developed way way out...and they were throwing a festival with FREE FOOD....so we ended up having free pulled pork sandwiches and some great sides! FREE! Back on our ride, Dad stopped a couple of times to let me take pictures of the saguaro cactus growing on the side of the road....mountains in the background.
My camera is not doing a very good job on distance pictures right now....must be time for replacement. Mom’s photos were much more vivid and true to color, but I only have mine to download.
On Saturday night we all went to El Paso Barbque. It was my Uncle's 74th birthday so we celebrated and all ate our fill of baby back ribs....yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!
There is more rain expected tonight. The resort is next to a large shallow river bed called the Agua Fria. It is almost always empty. Today we walked down to take a picture of it with water in it....apparently a rarity. It doesn't look like much...and it's not...but I will say that on the way back from the mall the highway crossed a canal that was just a raging torrent of water. So...I leave you with my picture of water in the Agua Fria.
Well. Another Monday has come and gone. Ron and I just returned from my folks’ place where we ate supper and watched the State Of The Union Address.
Yesterday was an AWFUL day. It had rained all night the night before. It rained all day yesterday and continued into the night. It was blah, blah, blah. Ron and I came home after church and settled on the couch and recliner and I don't think we ever got up again until it was time for bed. I didn't even cook....we "sandwiched" all afternoon!
So today, Ron, Mom and I went to see "The Bucket List." It was a good movie about two men who had both just learned they were terminally ill, meeting each other at the hospital when they were both diagnosed, and how knowing one another changed both of them for the rest of their respective lives. We enjoyed the movie, and ran by the mall so Mom could return something on our way home. I chuckled throughout our afternoon, recalling an incident at lunch: We stopped at an "In And Out" Hamburger joint that Mom has been to before. We ordered our meal, but it was very crowded. As we were waiting for our food, the 3 of us wandered around watching for someone who looked like they were about to "vacate" their table...to no avail. We ended up going outside, which wasn't too bad because the sun was shining but it was a little gusty. For what ever reason, Ron went back inside to get something... napkins... ketchup...I don't know. My seat was facing the entrance to the place so I saw him go in...although I wasn't looking directly at him. All of the sudden, as I raised my head to take my first bite of my burger, I saw him RACE back through the little entrance to the door we were near. He was REALLY moving fast and it makes me laugh to remember! He had found us a table inside and didn’t want to lose it!!! We ended up inside, but I keep seeing him running through that foyer to the door. He never moves that quickly!!!!
Saturday was also a very nice day. The sun was VERY bright and the day warmed up nicely. Dad decided that it would be a good day for a ride and so we started out at 9 something and headed west on Bell Road. Surprise used to be about as far west as the city went on this northwest corner of Phoenix....but not any more!!!! We drove quite a ways before we got out of commercial areas and beyond residential areas. We finally hit the open spaces! We rode all the way around a small mountain range on the west of us. (Actually big hills) There was a new residential area being developed way way out...and they were throwing a festival with FREE FOOD....so we ended up having free pulled pork sandwiches and some great sides! FREE! Back on our ride, Dad stopped a couple of times to let me take pictures of the saguaro cactus growing on the side of the road....mountains in the background.
My camera is not doing a very good job on distance pictures right now....must be time for replacement. Mom’s photos were much more vivid and true to color, but I only have mine to download.On Saturday night we all went to El Paso Barbque. It was my Uncle's 74th birthday so we celebrated and all ate our fill of baby back ribs....yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!
There is more rain expected tonight. The resort is next to a large shallow river bed called the Agua Fria. It is almost always empty. Today we walked down to take a picture of it with water in it....apparently a rarity. It doesn't look like much...and it's not...but I will say that on the way back from the mall the highway crossed a canal that was just a raging torrent of water. So...I leave you with my picture of water in the Agua Fria.
Comments