November???
Yup....I know my last post was in August. Yup....I know it is now November 1. Nope....I cannot tell you why it has been so long since I posted. Maybe.....MAYBE I can catch you up a little bit, maybe not!
The last post was about the upright deep-freezer NOT freezing. Turns out after I found new places for all of the stuff in it, I found an inch or more of solid ice in the bottom. What happened? How could there be ice in a freezer that wasn't freezing??? Well...I THINK what happened is that the door got left ajar. As things started to defrost (even ice from the bag of ice) water puddled into the bottom. When we cranked up the temp (or down...which would it be???....we turned it COLDER) and shut the door, it did it's best to freeze. But the water in the bottom froze and there was a solid inch of ice in the bottom and over some sort of vent at the bottom back. It took awhile to completely thaw all the ice after the food was moved and the freezer was unplugged, but when it did I wiped it all out and plugged it back in. I bought on of those thermometers that hangs in the freezer or the oven and it has maintained freezing temps ever since!!! Yay!
When the ice-maker in the side-by-side stopped, I went back to the websight that had helped me diagnose the clothes dryer problem and order the correct part. At the website www.partselect.com I found what the most common part causing the ice-maker not to work was and ordered it. It was around $75. Jake replaced it for me, but that did not fix the problem. Back to the internet (don't you love it???). I found "The Appliance Blog" and posted my problem. The response was very helpful and I was given the instructions for a way to diagnose the problem and order the correct part. It was a little too "techy" electrically for Ron and I so Jake came back and conducted the test. From that we determined the part we needed and "The Appliance Blog" directed me back to www.partselect.com. I Ordered the part (for around $80). I used standard shipping....after all, it has been since JUNE that our ice-maker had been NOT working!!! What is another week, right? The part came Fed-Ex THE NEXT DAY!!! A few days later, Jake came over and put the part in. We have been making ice ever since. Jake...have I told you lately how grateful I am to you for fixing my ice-maker???
So....I am not including pictures today. It is time to cook supper so I will be back and my NEXT POST will have pictures. I promise!!!
See ya later!
The last post was about the upright deep-freezer NOT freezing. Turns out after I found new places for all of the stuff in it, I found an inch or more of solid ice in the bottom. What happened? How could there be ice in a freezer that wasn't freezing??? Well...I THINK what happened is that the door got left ajar. As things started to defrost (even ice from the bag of ice) water puddled into the bottom. When we cranked up the temp (or down...which would it be???....we turned it COLDER) and shut the door, it did it's best to freeze. But the water in the bottom froze and there was a solid inch of ice in the bottom and over some sort of vent at the bottom back. It took awhile to completely thaw all the ice after the food was moved and the freezer was unplugged, but when it did I wiped it all out and plugged it back in. I bought on of those thermometers that hangs in the freezer or the oven and it has maintained freezing temps ever since!!! Yay!
When the ice-maker in the side-by-side stopped, I went back to the websight that had helped me diagnose the clothes dryer problem and order the correct part. At the website www.partselect.com I found what the most common part causing the ice-maker not to work was and ordered it. It was around $75. Jake replaced it for me, but that did not fix the problem. Back to the internet (don't you love it???). I found "The Appliance Blog" and posted my problem. The response was very helpful and I was given the instructions for a way to diagnose the problem and order the correct part. It was a little too "techy" electrically for Ron and I so Jake came back and conducted the test. From that we determined the part we needed and "The Appliance Blog" directed me back to www.partselect.com. I Ordered the part (for around $80). I used standard shipping....after all, it has been since JUNE that our ice-maker had been NOT working!!! What is another week, right? The part came Fed-Ex THE NEXT DAY!!! A few days later, Jake came over and put the part in. We have been making ice ever since. Jake...have I told you lately how grateful I am to you for fixing my ice-maker???
So....I am not including pictures today. It is time to cook supper so I will be back and my NEXT POST will have pictures. I promise!!!
See ya later!
Comments