It dawned on me yesterday last week that I often think about blogging and sharing with you the things we are doing in our retirement. I have gone so far as sitting down at the computer and drafting a post, or beginning to. But it can take me up to an hour to get through the process....collecting my thoughts, collecting my photos from my iPhone or my camera, getting them into the computer, filing them where I can FIND them again....and then inserting them into the post. Very often I get interrupted with something....or just feel that I should be spending that hour doing something else....and it just doesn't get done. So...time passes and then I feel guilty. Then I feel like I have to apologize...then that comes before a post of what we are actually DOING and I end up running out of time. My list of drafts has several posts that begin with apologies and never get to the actual meat of the message! Oh my! So...here I am again...in the wee hours...
There is something about a gray Sunday afternoon when the temp is cool (I won't mention HOW cool....for those of you who live NORTH of me and may SCOFF) to make you want a fireplace, or a snuggly blanket and a good book, or at the very least some fuzzy slippers and a steamy bowl of gumbo with hot french bread. I guess I could scrounge up the blanket, book and some slippers! Oh well....here I sit at my computer! I promised a friend that I was going to try to blog more in 2011....and I really will try. I really do stay awfully busy, but maybe I could sleep less.......! In my effort to blog more often, the following is a Blog Ramble. (Definition of a Blog Ramble: Nothing very interesting and no pictures) Here goes: I need a new computer. This laptop is over 5 years old. I’m running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002! I have an external wireless card that is held together by a pony tail band. (I’m remembering my friend, Traci, here and her PENCIL came...
Hi folks! I AM alive! I am sorry I haven't posted, but I have had a cold and have spent most of the week just laying on the couch. Today I felt much better and even had the folks over for a crock-pot supper. I did all my laundry today too, and we went over to "their" house for ice cream after supper. As we were visiting with Mom and Dad this evening, I mentioned that I was starting to realize that I had had some misconceptions about what our visit here would be like. I felt like we would be making more friends and socializing with these "new friends" more. I thought the weather would be a bit warmer. I thought Ron would get more involved in SOME of the many and varied activities here. Well....in many ways, my son is right. The majority of the people who are staying in this park are here for the winter.....are snowbirds who don't want to be in ice and snow during the winter....and are old. Oh, there are plenty of them that are doing fun things...and ...
Comments