The Aftermath

I love almost everything about Christmas!

First off, I LOVE that Jesus came into this world to reconcile us with God. I enjoy all of the reminders of that miracle during the Christmas season.

I love the music, the food, the fellowship. I even enjoy the decorating and shopping...and I somewhat enjoy the wrapping. (OK...I don't enjoy the wrapping.) I like the cooking and the baking.

I love the sharing of gifts...I love to give them. I love the excitement, especially in children, when they receive gifts. Emmie was so excited when I told her that she could RIP every one of her packages open....and RIP into them she did, with squeals! Samantha was nearly as excited as Emmie. Ashlyn, at almost 11, was just a tiny bit more self-disciplined.

I even love the aftermath! I love looking at the piles of paper and the bows and ribbons and boxes and bags. It is sort of "Christmas confetti!"

We celebrated our family gathering on Christmas Eve. I fixed a ham dinner and we ate at 1 after which we moved to the living room and started opening gifts. We tried to take turns....to "make it last."

Ron opening a gift card:



Jake modeling one of Emmie's gifts:


The artist that created this print is a friend of Jake's. We've known him since 6th grade and he is now living and working as an artist in New Orleans. I was happy to get a piece of Jon Guillaume's work:

(I think I look tired!)

Christie got some candles in jelly bean fragrances:


Ashlyn got yet another snowglobe! She has informed me that her collection is up to 62!


Poor George. I told him that his gifts from us are always boring. I guess that is what happens to sons-in-law! He is checking the size of his turtlenecks.


Samantha is modeling an outfit:


Heather picked out this sweater from Coldwater Creek. I LOVE the color!


Emmie is modeling HER new outfit:


Before we opened our gifts, I asked the 3 girls to get in front of my tree and let me take their photo with Santa hats on. Emmie balked and fussed a bit. She didn't want to put the hat on because "it will mess up my hair", which made everybody laugh. After a bit of coaxing, she cooperated. I have put it up on my header and will keep it there for a few posts!

On Christmas morning, Ron and I exchanged a few gifts with one another. He bought me some pretty pieces of jewelry and some perfume. I bought him some clothes and a radio he wanted. Then I settled down on the couch with the cordless phone, my cellphone, some coffee and my laptop. (Another favorite part of Christmas for me is the gift I give myself: I don't do ANYTHING except relax for the rest of the day. Sometimes for 2 days!!!!)

I made some calls to friends and family, browsed through some favorite blogs on the internet, drank more coffee than normal, ate most of a mini-loaf of pumpkin bread, played Sims, and mostly did not get off the couch all day!

I did a little more on Saturday, and today. I am actually beginning to work on the kitchen again. Ron ran up to the camp for the weekend but will be home tomorrow. This week we will be UNdecorating...but by next week I expect to be back to work full time on my kitchen/dining room.

I am sure I will have plenty of interruptions!






Comments

Anonymous said…
Everyone looks so nice in their pictures.... then there is me. Bleh. Love the sweater though. Thanks.
Heather
Jodi said…
Oh my goodness - you've been a busy blogger!! :) I have a lot of catching up to do... but so far your stories are already cracking me up. And the pictures are GREAT! I love those little reindeer cookies!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday