Pantries, Pumpkin Bread, and Pretty Tomatoes

The other morning I woke up and wanted to clean out my pantry. Do you do that regularly? I found dates on cans and boxes that I will not admit to here!!! I want to get into the closets soon and will probably have to have another garage sale.....but I don't even want to think about that right now.





In cleaning the pantry I found a couple of cans of pumpkin that had been in there since last year so decided I wanted to make some pumpkin bread. Actually, what I really wanted to do was try out my new convection oven. I had already invited Jake over for supper and birthday cake and needed to bake that.












I was told that with a convection oven you can put items on every rack and they will ALL get done evenly.







It worked just fine!



Jake LOVES Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Many years ago I started making him chocolate cakes with peanut butter between the layers. This year I actually made a peanut butter cream filling. It was tasty!



Ron planted tomatoes at the end of summer and we are picking tomatoes again. The first crop was picked in mid June. I am now ripening tomatoes on my new kitchen window sill. Aren't these some pretty tomatoes?







I just this afternoon got the rest of the photos off my camera from our trip north. In case you don't know, we left here in late September and headed to Michigan to see some autumn color. The weather was wet and cold a lot of the time....but we picked up my folks and drove all the way up to Lake Superior. We ended up having some truck repairs along the way, but nothing we would not have had to do sooner or later even if we had just been driving around here. I must say that although it was great to be with my family again (as it always is), this is one trip I was more than ready to get home from. I'll have to share pictures with you soon.



I can't believe that October is almost over. I am having the 3 granddaughters here this weekend. Christie has gone on her annual "Sisters' Weekend". Her parents kept Emmaleigh last night, and Jake will keep her tonight, but tomorrow night I am having all 3.



The following weekend I am thinking about going to Pensacola to see Aunt Ada but a Monday return will put me into NOVEMBER!! Yikes. ALWAYS by the first of November I am feeling the pressure of Christmas bearing down on me. For years I have taken the granddaughters to have their picture made as my Christmas present to myself. I sew or purchase their outfits. In order to have the photos back before Christmas mailings go out, I need to have them taken be mid November. I have only begun to THINK about what they will wear this year.



I guess I had better get busy.

Comments

Cinda said…
Just wanted you to know that you have the most peaceful, warm and cozy site on the computer today! Thank you! The lovely pictures belong on HGTV. I am loving my new appliances and countertops also. It's so much more fun when you know it will come out of the oven looking and tasting the way it should :) And to play on the extra wide granite has Chef-Boy-Our-Dad (Kit) going crazy with pizzas and cookies, etc. :)

Hope you returned to warmer weather. Sure looks like snow around here.


I have a Reese PBC lover too. Aaron Estelle. Could I have your recipe . It sounds way better than just peanut butter frosting!
hojo said…
MMm. Pumpkin bread. I'd like to make some apple pie, but I don't even have pie tin yet!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday