Dirt Cheap???
They opened a new store in Zachary. It's called Dirt Cheap. Have you ever heard of this chain? We hadn't been there and a couple of days ago Ron and I decided to go. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't anything at all like what I found! I will go back with a camera some day but in the meantime, trust Christie's definition: It's like a bad garage sale! We walked in and I almost walked right back out again. I am sure my face wore a stunned expression....and not in a good way. I guess any store that has a big sign high on the back wall pointing the way to the "Outhouses" is not for me!
Today I had more interruptions than I wanted. I did get my hair cut this morning. I had to run to Baton Rouge to pick up a friend who needed transportation also. It rained pretty hard today, but I still got a bunch of old magazines and newspapers out to the street for the recycle truck to pick up. I also sorted out ALL of those clothes piled on the burgundy chair. I have a big pile for a garage sale or goodwill. These are actually clothes that I have collected over the years for my GRANDDAUGHTERS!!!!! Only a few of them were hung back in the guest room closet. A small batch of the very best were sorted out to save for Emmie.
Ron has gone to Alabama with Jake to the NASCAR races in Taledaga. I couldn't swing my trip to Aunt Ada's, so thought I would take advantage of 5 days with nobody in the house but me, and have decided to get some closets cleaned. The closets in my "office" need the most attention, but before I could get to them, I had some office "work" done.
I finished opening mail leftover from while were were gone. I finally had all of the EOB's from 3 or 4 dr. appointments from August and September. Ever since Ron has retired, we have to be diligent in checking what the insurance is paying....they don't like to pay for routine or preventive visits (I know, I know.) so if the paperwork is not "coded" properly when it is sent to the insurance company, they won't pay. I have discovered this in the past and have been able to have bills resubmitted by the dr. office (and eventually paid by insurance), so I really watch.
I sat down with my paperwork at 9:15 yesterday a.m.
After a lot of comparisons, a few phone calls, and a check or two, I had this job wrapped up. This is the notebook I keep all of our medical bills and EOB's in. The note on the cover says: Buy a larger notebook! It was 11 a.m. when I reached this point!

Next I had a few bills to pay and the checkbook to reconcile as well as the rest of the mail to open.
I spent 45 minutes trying to figure out what 2 recent purchases at Walmart had been. I couldn't find the receipts. Then I realized I couldn't find some other paperwork that I needed. I don't know why I couldn't just walk into my office and put my hands on what I needed. Do you?


Now before you think critical thoughts of me, just hang in there. It ALREADY doesn't look like this anymore, and I had emptied one closet onto the burgundy chair....AND had not put away a lot of the things from the camper yet. Anyway....this gives you an idea of why I am currently doing my paperwork on the table or island! (Cut me some slack for even SHOWING you these photos!!!)
Now before you think critical thoughts of me, just hang in there. It ALREADY doesn't look like this anymore, and I had emptied one closet onto the burgundy chair....AND had not put away a lot of the things from the camper yet. Anyway....this gives you an idea of why I am currently doing my paperwork on the table or island! (Cut me some slack for even SHOWING you these photos!!!)
After mailing the checks, and putting the file of receipts away, this is what my waste basket looked like.
Do you get as much junk mail as I do???
After this was all done, I ate some leftover "pastalaya". We had made a big batch for Ron to take on his trip with Jake. (They are staying in Jake's camper and have another friend with them. )Here's the batch we made:

Last Sunday night Emmie was staying over with us one last night before her Mom came home. She goes to daycare on this end of town, and Jake goes the opposite direction on his way to work, so I kept her here and took her to school on Monday. We did have Ashlyn and Samantha come over and roast hot dogs with us for supper. Later we made s'mores. Jake stopped by to enjoy our fire with his little girl.

On Wednesday night, the Baptist Church that Emmaleigh attends for preschool held a wonderful carnival. Ron and I went over to watch Emmie and some of her friends as they played carnival games. There was no admission fee and all the candy, wonderful door prizes and FOOD were totally free to all who attended (anyone in the community that showed up!!!). We were very impressed. EVERYONE had a great time and there was a large crowd.
Look! I found Cinderella!
Today I had more interruptions than I wanted. I did get my hair cut this morning. I had to run to Baton Rouge to pick up a friend who needed transportation also. It rained pretty hard today, but I still got a bunch of old magazines and newspapers out to the street for the recycle truck to pick up. I also sorted out ALL of those clothes piled on the burgundy chair. I have a big pile for a garage sale or goodwill. These are actually clothes that I have collected over the years for my GRANDDAUGHTERS!!!!! Only a few of them were hung back in the guest room closet. A small batch of the very best were sorted out to save for Emmie.
Tomorrow is another day! I will keep you posted on what I get accomplished!
Comments
I had no idea Cinderella was now living in Louisiana. She's looking beautiful. Thanks for the update!
I wish I could be as productive as you when I'm home....but then, you have more time at home than I do!! In fact - I'm headed to the office this afternoon. The overtime is nice.....but I miss my husband and home!
Love you!
Anna
I am finding out what you mean about reading the EOB statements carefully! I received a collections notice this week for overdue medical bills, only to discover that both the insurance company and the hospital processed some of the claims incorrectly.
So far, I've managed to keep my workspace relatively tidy. I'm having company over tomorrow though, so we'll see how it goes hosting in a combined living room/office. My recent post is dedicated to you: http://apartmentliberation.blogspot.com/2009/11/cleaning-out-my-files.html