I know, I know......

So I haven't posted in awhile.....but you have lives. You know how it goes! Busy, busy, busy!

We were scheduled to come home from camping the day after Easter, but another threatening weather warning sent us scurrying around on Easter Sunday morning and we checked out by 11 a.m. We did make it home before the weather hit and actually had the laundry unloaded.

This past week has not only been full of getting things back to normal in the house and in the camper....but the grands were on their Easter vacation so there were numerous opportunities to spend time with them. Ron and I celebrated our anniversary on Friday. Hmmmmm.....celebrating isn't exactly the word. The occasion came and went in the middle of the busy-ness of last week. On top of it all, I was struggling with a cold and nearly had lost my voice.

Yesterday, April 19, we had been home one week. We took the two "big girls" with us and headed to the company picnic. Another heavy rainstorm overnight had the picnic grounds rather soggy, but the sun was shining and it turned out to be a very pleasant day.

One thing we accomplished last week was to remove the cabinet doors from all the kitchen cabinets, in preparation for demolition this week. I have moved almost everything from them into the "new" cabinets in the dining room, and into the pantry. I will finish that today and we will begin tearing out cabinets tomorrow. We finally have the bids from the subcontractors (electrician and plumber) and the quote on the countertops. A little tweaking of our budget and we will be all set. I am working on a time line this morning and need to find out from the countertop people "how long" for their product. Other than that, I am hopeful that we can be back to a semi functional kitchen by mid May.

Why mid May? We have an appointment to take our camper back to the dealership (again) to address an electrical problem we have experienced since we purchased it. This time we will bring Jake along to convince them that our problem with battery drainage and "trash" noise from our surround speakers is due to a faulty inverter and nothing else. (They should know that.....they have suggested and "fixed" everything else that they say has caused the problem. But.....and I am sure you have already put "two and two together".....that will take our spare kitchen away.

I know we can have the stove, refrigerator and dishwasher installed and functional by then....but am concerned about the "kitchen sink" as it will come with the countertop! So.....instead of spending any more time chatting with you.....

I had better get to work!

I will try to keep you up-to-date with more frequent posts throughout this process!
Until then, I will leave you with a couple of recent photos. On one of our visits back home during our "vacation in Natchez" we celebrated Emmaleigh's 3rd birthday with her closest friend's and relatives! Enjoy. (And thank again, Ethel.....for your hard work on the cute cake!)



"Cousin" Kylie, Emmie, "Best Friend from church" Wade, Cousins Sammie and Ashie, and "Cousin's cousin Amanda, ending with friends Nathan and Matthew (children of Jake's good friend all the way since high school).


Comments

Cinda said…
Hope you're feeling 100% better. The pics are so sweet. Have a good, albeit busy, week.

Love, C

P.S. Love the cherries!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday