First Fish!

I'm sure you all remember the "Andy Griffith" theme song. Don't you just want to whistle it in your head when you see this picture?



I must tell you about Emmaleigh. She has this sweet nature that thinks all living things are precious. I mean ALL living things. They joined us last weekend at the campground. I pointed out a squirrell. Emmie said "He's so cuuuuuuute!" A little worm dropped out of the tree onto my shirt while we were sitting at the picnic table. It humped up in the middle as it crawled so I pointed it out to Emmie. "Oh.....he's so cuuuuuuuuute!" Later we told her that Grandpa was going to take her fishing so she grabbed her Barbie fishing pole and we handed her the cricket can. "Oh....they're so cuuuuuuuute!" I wouldn't let her look as I stuck the cricket onto the hook. (Ron was coming across the lake in the boat to meet us.)



Grandpa showed up in time to help and in only a few moments....


...little Emmie had caught her very first fish! Yes....she thought he was "cuuuuuuute"!



I didn't fish with Ron during the week....I had several books to read, and some sewing to do. And I took some WONDERFUL naps! We took some wonderful walks, and I did go out in the boat with Ron. That is where we met this big fella.....



Can you see him?




The fish weren't biting too much at the beginning, but things picked up a bit as the week went on.










It was great weather for the weekend, too. Jake fished with Ron and we all took a nature walk.





Isn't this a nice little family portrait?





I came home on Monday....a few days ahead of Ron....and will be headed back this Friday. But just before we left last week, we began having problems with a big yellow cat coming from the woods behind our house and terrorizing our young cat right in our carport. Not to be overly graphic, but there would be "cat screaming" and upon rushing out the back door I would find our kitty had literally had the poop scared out of him!! Since he was recently injured in a cat fight and it was co$tly....I was concerned about this new threat. Upon calling Animal Control, I learned that I could have a humane trap set....which I did on Tuesday. The weather was a bit threatening....and Jake has always had "weather concerns", so he sent Christie and Emmie to sleep over with me Tuesday night. Early Wednesday morning I got up and checked the trap.

We did not catch a big yellow cat.


Know what Emmie said???

"Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute?" !!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Emmie is so beautiful and daddy is so handsome.

Heather

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday