My Favorite Valentine Ever!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!
I just wanted to show you one of the nicest gifts Ron has ever given me! We are working along on our remodeling project....still working on the dining room. I have a LOT of priming and painting yet to do before my part is done....but I will plug away and hopefully we will be ripping out the kitchen by the end of NEXT weekend!
But I digress. Today we went out to the shop together and applied the crown molding and the embellishments to the "cap" I wanted Ron to make for the center wall cabinets on the dining room wall. It is just sitting up there for now, as we still have some cabinet lights to wire and install in and under these cabinets. But.....doesn't it look GREAT! I just keep passing through the dining room and gazing at it!

We picked a special application of door facing too. I saw this done in a house on the Home and Garden Tour Joanne and I went on a couple years ago. I took pictures and Ron has done his best to duplicate it for me.


Oh....and lest you are concerned that this was my only Valentine....my sweet husband NEVER forgets to buy me cards and gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, Valentines...and Christmas. So, I have been enjoying chocolate from my heart-shaped box and have another card in my keepsake box. I decorated the cover of a notebook to create a scrapbook where I will put all of the cards I have saved from him! Maybe I will get to that........someday!
I just wanted to show you one of the nicest gifts Ron has ever given me! We are working along on our remodeling project....still working on the dining room. I have a LOT of priming and painting yet to do before my part is done....but I will plug away and hopefully we will be ripping out the kitchen by the end of NEXT weekend!
But I digress. Today we went out to the shop together and applied the crown molding and the embellishments to the "cap" I wanted Ron to make for the center wall cabinets on the dining room wall. It is just sitting up there for now, as we still have some cabinet lights to wire and install in and under these cabinets. But.....doesn't it look GREAT! I just keep passing through the dining room and gazing at it!
We picked a special application of door facing too. I saw this done in a house on the Home and Garden Tour Joanne and I went on a couple years ago. I took pictures and Ron has done his best to duplicate it for me.
Oh....and lest you are concerned that this was my only Valentine....my sweet husband NEVER forgets to buy me cards and gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, Valentines...and Christmas. So, I have been enjoying chocolate from my heart-shaped box and have another card in my keepsake box. I decorated the cover of a notebook to create a scrapbook where I will put all of the cards I have saved from him! Maybe I will get to that........someday!
Comments
I love it! What a guy. :)
P.S. Dining room looks GREAT!!!!!