So much is happening!

On Friday, the 20th of February, LSU baseball began in its brand new Alex Box Stadium. We have season tickets. We went to the game early but only after attending the funeral of a dear man from our previous church in Baker. His daughter said that he spent his life teaching them how to live (her siblings and her) and now he was teaching them how to die. He lived with such dignity right to the last day of his beautiful life and we were proud that we knew him.

On to the ballgame where we nearly froze to death! Now I know it was not cold by "up north" standards, but it was still very cold and even with layers and layers of clothes and a blanket, we left early. On Saturday, although the sun shown, it was still cool and breezy and Ron encouraged me to stay home. (I think he was afraid he would have to leave early again!)


On Sunday, the LSU Tigers played (and won) their third game against Villanova. Ron took a friend in my place as I was co-hostessing a bridal shower for the daughter of a dear friend. We attended church first, but without the girls. Heather informed us that her girls were running fever.

Monday and Tuesday there was no school here due to Mardi Gras! Heather had a dr. appointment scheduled for herself Monday, so she asked if I could watch the girls while she was gone. On Tuesday, again since there was no school, there was also no Mothers' Day Out for Emmaleigh.....so I had her the entire day. The weather has started to improve and even last week we had some nice weather. Emmaleigh was happy to be able to get outside.

I noticed nearly 2 weeks ago that my azalea bushes were trying to bud out. This is quite early! The frosts that we had (in between the nice days over the past couple of weeks) took a toll on my Croton's in the front bed, didn't they! So....it is time to start cleaning out and preparing to plant spring flowers here!


Ron has worked off and on this winter on a garden plot and he and Emmie got some tomatoes in the ground.

Then it was off the the "nursery" to pick up a couple of new shade trees for the front yard.

"Hmmmmm....this would be a nice pot for SOMEthing......!"



"The ride home is long and boring. I will just read this magazine awhile."

"Maybe I'll just rest my eyes a moment."


When we got home, Ron left for north Louisiana to visit a cousin who had been hospitalized. Turns out after a heart cath, that he was to have some stents and a pacemaker. Ron took another cousin from our area and picked up his brother on the way, driving up to visit. They were going to stay over at his brother's 2 hours north of here, but the sister-in-law was very sick with a bug so they decided not to be exposed to that and drove home, arriving at about 2:30 this morning.

A phone call from Heather yesterday evening revealed that her girls were still running fever and she was not going to allow them to return to school today. So this morning they arrived and I took them to a clinic for a walk-in visit. Turns out they have the FLU! I kept them all day while Heather was at work, but I was spraying everything in sight with Lysol and using Lysol wipes for everything else!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO GET THE FLU!

I was going to go to choir practice tonight so Ron invited another brother to attend tonights LSU baseball game with him. I learned that there was no choir practice due to an Ash Wednesday service, but decided after all the busy-ness of the past week I just want to have a quiet evening with nobody here and take a nice hot bath and crawl into bed

Have we made much progress on the dining room? No. Not much. (I wonder why)

Maybe tomorrow....................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday