February 9

We have just returned from dropping my parents off at the airport. It was somewhat difficult to see them go, but I kept refocusing my thoughts to the remodeling job. But, before I talk about our plans and progress with that, I will tell you how much we enjoyed having Mom and Dad here.

Saturday was Mom's birthday. I won't say which one. Most of you know, and if you don't, it doesn't matter!
Mom was with all of her great grandDAUGHTERS and she was a girl again! We girls went to the park, followed by "icees" at the corner store. And of course there was cake.....Mom's favorite carrot cake with cream cheese icing made by Ashlyn and frosted by Samantha.







(woops....don't look at the candles!)

Sunday after church we got a "Four generations" picture with Heather and girls. Sunday evening we got one with Jake and Emmie! Jake and his family stayed until bedtime visiting and we were entertained by Emmaleigh and her "free style dance". (I will try to get this on video for some point in the future!)









(don't look at the background....remember that my house is a construction zone!!!)

As I mentioned in my last post, Mom and Dad started their visit with us by traveling to Pensacola where we enjoyed some of Dad's siblings. Once we returned, we did our best to entertain frequently. Mostly our kids and grandkids, of course.....but also friends or neighbors of ours that the folks' have gotten acquainted with over the years. It made for some hectic times, but I think they enjoyed it.

Joe and Barbara Conachen...dear friends of ours who have visited us at Mom and Dad's in Michigan)


(Don Wilkinson, long-time co-worker of Ron and one of our dearest, dearest friends)

(Homer and JoAnn Crum, Christie's parents)


(Wayne and Nel Robertson, former neighbors of ours, who visited Mom and Dad's in Michigan while we were there last summer.)

It felt so good to have them near, if even for a short time. And I think that both of my kids and their little families plan to visit Michigan this summer while Ron and I are there. It helps me not to feel so sad when they leave.....looking forward to seeing them again. The time will go fast for them in the park and us in the midst of our remodeling and soon they will be packing to return to Michigan (late April). I told Mom as they unloaded at the airport that when they reach home in Michigan they will have only about 6 weeks before we will be leaving to head that way.
Today is a beautiful day....with temps in the upper 70's. We are having a very breezy day, something that is rare for Louisiana (except during hurricane season....haha) and I have hung all of our sheets on the line.
We are going to get back to business on the house now. Stay tuned!


























Comments

Anonymous said…
Goodness. Whose genes did I get anyway? Obviously it wasn't from your side of the family !!! HA I look HUGE in that picture. Like the Jolly Green Giant with a bunch of muchkins !!! Geeze.....
Heather Bankston
Carolyn and Ron said…
You are so lucky to be tall. We DO look like munchkins, but you are beautiful! I don't know where you inherited your height OR gorgeous red hair but I always thought God gave us a special gift in you. Mom
Cinda said…
Carolyn - Thank you for the beautiful pictures - what? you didn't take them just for me? Oh, okay!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday