Well....what can I say?
I'm trying, ok????
I cannot tell you how guilty I feel for not doing better on this blog posting business. You would think anyone that liked to talk as much as I do would not have a problem with this.
What am I doing all the time that this somewhat time-consuming-task is so difficult?
Besides all the normal stuff....cooking (ok...I don't cook that much anymore), buying groceries, cleaning the house (ok...I don't do THAT much anymore either), doing the laundry, sleeping, eating, dressing, bathing.....(ok...those last few shouldn't really count!!).
I'm not much of a napper....I get up fairly early and I TRY to stay up until at least 10 p.m. Ron and I spend our evenings watching tv and occasionally playing a game together. I enjoy reading and have read 5 books since Christmas. No lie!!!
I stumbled upon a book for my Nook on the library web site at Christmas time. It turned out to be one of a series! This is a typical chick-book romance novel. The men are hunky, the women are beautiful and the setting is idyllic...northwest California in the mountains near the redwood forests, rivers and not too far from the ocean. A small mountain town with dirt roads and cabins. I enjoyed the Christmas book so when I googled the author, Robyn Carr, I found out that she had written an entire series of "Virgin River" stories....at least 20! So I started!
I have also sewn some clothing for Emmaleigh's American Girl doll, Caroline. I have searched the internet, downloaded and copied free paterns and put them in a notebook. After sewing a few outfits, I got sidetracked with a job at Jake's house.
Jake and Christie would like to put their house on the market and see what happens. The school district where they live is not the best. Emmie is in a private Baptist Academy and it is fine for now. But we (Ron and I, Heather and George and the girls) all live in the absolute BEST school district in the state. (No kidding....the number one school in the state for the eighth year in a row: http://www.zacharyschools.org/blog/?p=261) I think they would LIKE to move into this school district. Anyway...back to Jake's house. It was sort of a "fixer-upper" when they bought it. I seem to be the only one in the family with both the time and the love for painting and so over the past several years I have painted in almost every room. (I have also repaired a few sheet rock walls, helped to hang some closet doors and door trims, painted ceilings, grouted tile and even layed down a couple of vinyl floors in 2 bathrooms. I'm not complaining! I have enjoyed it!) So when we finished OUR remodeling this past fall, I promised Jake I would get back over to his house and work. Right now it is the downstairs 'half bath'.
So...I head over to their house for a few hours a couple times a week and have been working on the half bath. Slow process for an old lady like me...but Jake is a patient boss! (Thanks son).
Also since Christmas, Samantha has helped me to teach Emmie to ride a 2 wheel bike without training wheels! I pick Emmie up every Tuesday after school to spend some time with her. So for a few weeks running I would pick up Sam also and we would go to a nearby park (I live on a very busy street without sidewalks) and run alongside, and eventually along BEHIND her.
Of course I also bowl every Tuesday morning....and there is church on Sunday, and our Big R (Retirement Club) committments. We go to one luncheon per month and one coffee gathering per month with that group. Ron and I also hold offices (Treasurer and Secretary) so had year end reports to compile and deliver at a recent business meeting.
I haven't even been walking (for exercise) for a LONG time. I used to walk for an hour at least 4 mornings a week...and would like to get back to that but want Ron to walk with me as well. We have done so a couple of times but our desire levels are different and we have found it easier to skip walking than to find a regular TIME each day that we both agree upon. Oh my.
Ok.....have I given you enough excuses yet? There's more!!! Had enough? Ok. I know. Excuses, excuses! Just quit making excuses and post a blog!!!!! Right?
Well, what is a blog post without pictures? That is where I am struggling now. I take pictures ALL. THE. TIME. Seriously. I take them with my camera and take just about as many with my cell phone. I have to keep moving them from my camera to my computer and I TRY to keep them organized in files. I have a major job in front of me right now going through these pictures and deleting many that aren't so good.
How do you manage your photos? Do you take digital pictures? What do you do with them? In the early years of our marriage, I took pictures and kept them in photo albums all labeled in chronological order. My kids and now my grandkids have spent hours looking through albums. When I would like to find a picture of....say Heather when she was the same age that Ashlyn or Samantha are right now...I just go to the album of the correct date and there it is. Easy Peasy!
UNTIL....until I started taking digital pictures. THEN my whole system fell apart. I have no albums since 2003. That is 10 YEARS, FOLKS! (I know, I know...you can do the math, but still...10 years!) I really ENJOY having my pictures in albums. What should I do???? What would YOU do?
I guess I will publish this post and begin uploading photos from my camera and iPhone. No time like the present to begin. Right?
Seeya later!
me
I cannot tell you how guilty I feel for not doing better on this blog posting business. You would think anyone that liked to talk as much as I do would not have a problem with this.
What am I doing all the time that this somewhat time-consuming-task is so difficult?
Besides all the normal stuff....cooking (ok...I don't cook that much anymore), buying groceries, cleaning the house (ok...I don't do THAT much anymore either), doing the laundry, sleeping, eating, dressing, bathing.....(ok...those last few shouldn't really count!!).
I'm not much of a napper....I get up fairly early and I TRY to stay up until at least 10 p.m. Ron and I spend our evenings watching tv and occasionally playing a game together. I enjoy reading and have read 5 books since Christmas. No lie!!!
I stumbled upon a book for my Nook on the library web site at Christmas time. It turned out to be one of a series! This is a typical chick-book romance novel. The men are hunky, the women are beautiful and the setting is idyllic...northwest California in the mountains near the redwood forests, rivers and not too far from the ocean. A small mountain town with dirt roads and cabins. I enjoyed the Christmas book so when I googled the author, Robyn Carr, I found out that she had written an entire series of "Virgin River" stories....at least 20! So I started!
I have also sewn some clothing for Emmaleigh's American Girl doll, Caroline. I have searched the internet, downloaded and copied free paterns and put them in a notebook. After sewing a few outfits, I got sidetracked with a job at Jake's house.
Jake and Christie would like to put their house on the market and see what happens. The school district where they live is not the best. Emmie is in a private Baptist Academy and it is fine for now. But we (Ron and I, Heather and George and the girls) all live in the absolute BEST school district in the state. (No kidding....the number one school in the state for the eighth year in a row: http://www.zacharyschools.org/blog/?p=261) I think they would LIKE to move into this school district. Anyway...back to Jake's house. It was sort of a "fixer-upper" when they bought it. I seem to be the only one in the family with both the time and the love for painting and so over the past several years I have painted in almost every room. (I have also repaired a few sheet rock walls, helped to hang some closet doors and door trims, painted ceilings, grouted tile and even layed down a couple of vinyl floors in 2 bathrooms. I'm not complaining! I have enjoyed it!) So when we finished OUR remodeling this past fall, I promised Jake I would get back over to his house and work. Right now it is the downstairs 'half bath'.
Already starting to prime vanity.
These dark boards will be painted white.
The wallpaper will be removed or covered.
The vanity is primed and the interior of the top cabinet.
So...I head over to their house for a few hours a couple times a week and have been working on the half bath. Slow process for an old lady like me...but Jake is a patient boss! (Thanks son).
Also since Christmas, Samantha has helped me to teach Emmie to ride a 2 wheel bike without training wheels! I pick Emmie up every Tuesday after school to spend some time with her. So for a few weeks running I would pick up Sam also and we would go to a nearby park (I live on a very busy street without sidewalks) and run alongside, and eventually along BEHIND her.
Of course I also bowl every Tuesday morning....and there is church on Sunday, and our Big R (Retirement Club) committments. We go to one luncheon per month and one coffee gathering per month with that group. Ron and I also hold offices (Treasurer and Secretary) so had year end reports to compile and deliver at a recent business meeting.
I haven't even been walking (for exercise) for a LONG time. I used to walk for an hour at least 4 mornings a week...and would like to get back to that but want Ron to walk with me as well. We have done so a couple of times but our desire levels are different and we have found it easier to skip walking than to find a regular TIME each day that we both agree upon. Oh my.
Ok.....have I given you enough excuses yet? There's more!!! Had enough? Ok. I know. Excuses, excuses! Just quit making excuses and post a blog!!!!! Right?
Well, what is a blog post without pictures? That is where I am struggling now. I take pictures ALL. THE. TIME. Seriously. I take them with my camera and take just about as many with my cell phone. I have to keep moving them from my camera to my computer and I TRY to keep them organized in files. I have a major job in front of me right now going through these pictures and deleting many that aren't so good.
How do you manage your photos? Do you take digital pictures? What do you do with them? In the early years of our marriage, I took pictures and kept them in photo albums all labeled in chronological order. My kids and now my grandkids have spent hours looking through albums. When I would like to find a picture of....say Heather when she was the same age that Ashlyn or Samantha are right now...I just go to the album of the correct date and there it is. Easy Peasy!
UNTIL....until I started taking digital pictures. THEN my whole system fell apart. I have no albums since 2003. That is 10 YEARS, FOLKS! (I know, I know...you can do the math, but still...10 years!) I really ENJOY having my pictures in albums. What should I do???? What would YOU do?
I guess I will publish this post and begin uploading photos from my camera and iPhone. No time like the present to begin. Right?
Seeya later!
me

Comments