A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

Oh my goodness! I just realized that my music was still playing on my blog! Do you listen to the playlist when you read my blog??? I had loaded some frantic type music on an old post where I was super busy. After that I thought that the playlist had stopped working and I never did anything to change it. Most often I do not have my sound on when I am on my blog because I hop from blog to blog and ended up with one song playing over another. My computer is on mute! This morning in trying to help my sister who is considering a blog, I clicked on mine and the "Flight of the Bumblebee" or some such music blasted into my room! Oh dear! I have put some assorted instrumental music on my playlist...just in case. Please accept my apologies.

So...it is a good thing that my New Year Resolution wasn't to post regularly to my blog (it was, but I'll never tell!!).

This weekend Ron has gone to the hunting camp in Mississippi for the final weekend of hunting.  I had a couple of invitations to do things and have declined them all.  I am staying home.  Alone.  Peace and Quiet. 

We have literally been busy busy busy since the end of October and it just feels good to do nothing for a couple of days.  Read.  Take a bath.  Do some small mindless project without interruption!

Last year I had started to read a chronological version of the Bible.  I think I mentioned it in my January 21, 2012 post.  That was just over a year ago.  I got a little bit of a late start but caught up.  Then...toward the end of the year I got behind again.  Today I got up and FINISHED.  The end.  It was interesting to read it this way rather than the traditional 'read-through-the-Bible plan' where you read some from the Old, some from the New Testament and then some of Psalms and Proverbs each day.  I can honestly say I enjoyed it!

We have had some rotton weather in January here in Louisiana.  I hesitate to say that because I know you who are up north are getting hit hard right now and I should not complain.  But....my sister and her husband showed up in their RV on New Year's Day.  It was pleasant at first (aside from the fact that my sister came down with a bug and lost the first 4 days) but then it turned cold and started to rain.  And rain.  And rain.

We get some heavy rain fall in Louisiana....and January is the dead of winter for us so there is more than average at that time.  And it was steady, day after day.  And did I mention COLDER than usual?  Yuck.  But....after a couple of weeks, it has returned to normal January weather for us.  A couple days of cooler wet weather and then a couple days of beautiful weather!

We managed to get in a couple of camping trips with them before they moved on.  We took them to Natchez State Park which is one of our favorites due to the quiet surroundings and excellent fishing opportunity.  We didn't take the boat, and the water in the lake was high and muddy so it wouldn't have mattered.  Then we went over to Lake Charles, LA, to Sam Houston State Park. 



The deer were everywhere at Sam Houston.  They came into your campsites in small herds...usally of about 5.  This bottom picture of a young doe is not zoomed in.  That is exactly how close they were to our campsite.  In fact...I think that is one of our shadows you see under her.

Happy Trails to my sister and brother-in-law as they continue their adventure!!!  They headed west and we came back east and home!

Today.  Today is GLORIOUS!  And since I am being lazy and staying at home alone, I have had the opportunity to enjoy it. 

Look at this sky!!!
And it is truly a lovely day!
 
So I hung my sheets on the clothesline and checked Ron's garden.
 
 
Yep....he has strawberries ripe in January!  Despite the cold weather...because he covers his garden every time there is a threat of frost!




 

 Obviously some "critter" thinks these look pretty yummy!
 
ME TOO!
 (Look at my un-makeuped self!!!)
 
(No....on second thought...just look at this bowl of berries!  Not many but, hey folks!  It's JANUARY still!!!)
 
Don't you wish you were here right now???
 
Slurp!
 
Seeya later!

Comments

Traci said…
Congrats on finishing the Bible!! It's definitely an accomplishment. Those strawberries look so good!
Anonymous said…
Mmmmm. Those Strawberries look so good!! Great to see you posting again!

Love,
Anna

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday