Mardi Gras is over!

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.  In south Louisiana, the kids are out of school on Monday and Tuesday before Ash Wednesday because that is Mardi Gras. 

As you may know, we have been at Disney World.  Ron and I took Jake, Christie, and Emmie and spent a week at Fort Wilderness.  We took Ashlyn and Samantha on a Disney Cruise when they were about Emmie's age, and then went back a year or two later with Heather and the girls.  So now we wanted to take Emmaleigh.  Christie had never been to Disney either.    I have only a few photos available for you now.

We arrived on a Saturday and spent the afternoon in the pool at the campground.
This is the 3 of us girls in the back of the truck as we were arriving at Disney. 

The following are a few pics of Emmie in the pool.


We arrived back home on Sunday evening and I had all 3 girls over here for awhile on Monday.  Ron and I spent a lot of the past 3 days getting things back in order...cleaning the camper out, laundry, groceries...then catching up with things here.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get my photos from my iPhone and my camera loaded onto my computer and will post some more pictures from our trip.  I can tell you more about our trip at that time.

We had some rough weather roll through here over the past 36 hours and a lot of rain got dumped on us.  There were some areas very near our home that had some serious street flooding.  There were tornado warnings and a couple of thunderstorms rolled through.  It finally cleared up this afternoon and the sun came out.  The temp is supposed to be cool for a day or two but hopefully spring is here!  I'll keep you posted!

See ya later!

Comments

Traci said…
I'm excited to hear more about your trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday