A Warming Trend???

 I certainly hope so!!!!  Everybody....EVERYBODY is tired of this cold.  When I got up this a.m. the thermometer said it was 23 degrees outside.  I believe it is supposed to be in the 20's again tonight.  Just remember, wherever you might be, WE live in the deep south.  Anyway.....next week the daytime temps are supposed to be around 70.  Hooray!!!!  I am looking forward to getting my plants out of my dining room!  I'm looking forward to the cat sleeping outside again!  I'm looking forward to spring!!!!!

It is Friday night.  Ron has taken off for the hunting camp.  His nephew is bringing some friends for a rabbit hunt.  They have asked him to come fix "pastalaya".    So...I have some time to myself tomorrow.  I am looking forward to working on some small projects without interruptions.  I am hopeful that I will be able to get some food planned for our trip to Disney, keeping in mind the size of the storage in the cupboards and refrigerator.  Everything I can plan ahead to take is less I will spend at an expensive grocery store at WDW!!!!

Speaking of WDW....this is my fairly new camera.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
bought this camera last October.   If you remember, I had fallen with my previous camera last summer while bike riding with my sister and brother-in-law.  It still works, but the lens doesn't like to retract fully, and is wobbly.  I found this Canon last fall for an affordable price.  I liked the look, and thought Canon was a name I could depend on.  I really haven't taken too many pictures since I got it....and when I did, it was with either the batteries that came with the camera, or some older rechargeable batteries.  I noticed that the batteries didn't seem to last long.  A couple of weeks ago....on my way to a baby shower, I purchased some brand new lithium rechargeable batteries.  I got about 2 dozen photos as the shower before the camera said the batteries needed changing.  I took the other batteries from the new package of rechargeables and put them on the charger.  When I used them at the reception last Saturday, I got between 1 and 2 dozen photos....not even all with a flash....before it said the batteries needed changing.

So, a couple of days ago I began the arduous task of addressing this.  First, I pulled out my receipt....after all, I bought them at Walmart and they take ANYTHING back if you have a receipt.  Right?  Wrong!  They told me that they would not take it back past 30 days (it says that right on the receipt).  However, I had purchased a Walmart extended warrenty....so they told me to call the 800 number.  I came home and did that.  HOWEVER.....after taking tons of info from me, they informed me that the camera was still under the manufacturers warrenty and that the extended warrenty didn't go into affect until AFTER the manu. warrenty ran out!  Booooooo.

Next, I call Canon.  I told them that I was unhappy with the camera and actually would like to buy a different, more expensive model, if they would take this one and give me my money back.  Nope!  That's not an option.   They will email me a form.  I am to fill out the form, remove everything from the camera, box it in a PLAIN box (not the one it came in), insure it and mail it to them.  THEN, they will examine it and if it is defective they will either repair it, or more probably, send me another one exactly the same.  That's it.

What do you think the odds are that I will have a working camera by the time we leave for Disney?  Ron has told me to just go buy another camera.  If I do, you can BET that it won't be a Canon!!!
This week, Samantha was sick.  She had high fever so we called the same dr. that saw Ashlyn last week.  He sent some more flu meds and stayed home with Heather on Wednesday.  On Thursday she came to my house.....but fortunately she was no longer running fever.    She is a very active, busy little girl.  She was also missing a field trip so I felt sorry for her.  We decided to make heart cookies, and a valentine craft.






We never got a chance to decorate the cookies, but she got her little sign painted.  The photo in the sign is her brand-new baby cousin, Paris Marie!  Paris was born the day before!




Speaking of Samantha, Ron and I joined George and Heather LAST week at her induction to the BETA Club.  We are mighty proud of this little squirt!
Of course we are proud of all our precious granddaughters!  But I know you can't tell that from my blog posts!!!!  Just thought I'd mention it!

Comments

Traci said…
I have a Canon. It's the Powershot SD1300. I haven't had any problems. I've heard good things about the Nikon Cool Pix too.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday