In the Countdown

A month from today we will be leaving for Disney!!!  We are taking Jake's family this time and will go with our camper to WDW where we will camp at Fort Wilderness for a week!  Christie and Emmie have never been so it will be such fun to take them.  This is an early 5th birthday gift for Emmie!  We will be getting the truck and camper all spruced up and ready to go in the next week or so......

.....if the weather ever clears up.  We have had such nasty, cold, rainy weather here.  Emmie asked me the other day why it rains so much.  I told her that was winter in Louisiana for you.  But as have everyone in the country, we have had lower than normal temps here.  I don't mind the rain that much, but rain and COLD just is too much!  (I know, I know....it is better than SNOW and ice.  I get it, and I hesitate to bring it up, but this IS MY blog where I ramble on about MY thoughts.  So there it is!)

As usual, we have stayed busy.  This past weekend I went to a baby shower on Saturday and connected with some old friends.  What great fun that was.  I promise to get my pictures on here....maybe by tomorrow.

Today was my weekly bowling day.  The league is just a bunch of ladies, but I got Ron to go along and watch as we were going to have lunch and run around some afterward.  Week before last, Ron went with me to the bowling alley where he gave me some (constructive) criticism on my bowling.  I had purchased a new ball with some gift money and didn't do too well the first time I used it.  Since he used to be an excellent bowler, I thought I could benefit from this.  I really must say that during that first practice game, his criticism really annoyed me.  But I had to tell myself that this is what I asked of him and so I listened.  He actually really helped a lot and I have been applying what he told me to my game.  Or at least I hope I have.  That is part of the reason I asked him to come today....and he didn't have anything negative to say, so that is good news.

After bowling we went to Applebees for lunch and then visited a couple of consignment stores and thrift stores....just wandered around looking at stuff.  Don't ask me why.  I guess all of the closet cleaning and file sorting I have been doing has put the "thrift store" attitude into me.  I don't know.  But it is something that Ron and I both enjoy doing....like going to garage sales, or flea markets.  We didn't buy a thing, but we had fun.  I stopped at the fabric store to pick up a piece of pretty pink fabric for a table covering I am making for an upcoming shower....then we spied a Baskin Robbins and decided to imbibe!!!  What is it about blah winter weather that makes you want to eat?  Maybe it is the animal instinct to "put on fat" to keep our bodies warm in cooler months!  Do you do that???

Last week I met with my little "Not A Book Club" group at Lagniappe Restaurant in Baker.  We enjoy it there because it is centrally located for us and they really do treat us nicely there.  It's not fancy...nothing really that special, but us little ladies like it.  If you go there, tell Linda the ladies book club recommended them!

Some time ago I stumbled upon a Nancy Drew computer game.  Since that time I occasionally will get one and try to solve a mystery.  I started one last summer but with all that happened, I never finished it.  Recently I started it over again.  I also got my sister interested in them a year or so ago.  I sent her the same game for her birthday last week and we have called each other repeatedly for hints or encouragement!  Too funny!

Sunday, our Sunday School teacher started teaching from the book of James.  We read that if any of us lack wisdom, we are to pray and ask for it....and then BELIEVE without doubting.  Our leader focused on the doubting part....and many references in the Bible that refer to being one way or the other....but not to be in the middle.  Somehow he referred to the song about accentuating the positive.  I found it online and have it playing.  Somehow that just reminded me of the "High Hopes" song, so that is how this week's music came about.  It was funny in class because he said the first couple of phrases ("You've got to AC - CENT- UATE the positive....etc.")  By the time he got to it, everyone in class joined in with "Don't mess with Mr. Inbetween".  I guess we were ALL showing our age by knowing that song!

Ron went fishing last weekend.  He left on Saturday morning early and drove up to Natchez.  His plan was to fish all day, drive on up to Port Gibson, MS, and stay at the hunting camp where his brothers spend the weekend and then return to the lake on Sunday before coming home.  It was quite cold, but he always gets fishing fever this time of year.  When I talked to him Saturday night I asked if he caught many fish.  "I did not even get a NIBBLE", was his reply.  "Well, how many people were fishing?"  "I was the ONLY boat on the WHOLE LAKE!"    I said "Well THAT should have told you something!" and he laughed and said that it was exactly what his brother said to him!!!   I can't understand why he was surprised about not catching any fish!  After all, the 600 people (give or take 575) that WEREN'T on that lake can't be wrong!!!

Last Wednesday was our monthly coffee gathering with the retirement group.  We went back to the local "Coffee Call".  It's always fun to get together with these friends that have so much in common with us.  Many of us are going together on a cruise to Alaska next September.   The bigger group of retirees gets together on the last Friday of each month at local restaurants so we will be with all of them this Friday.  We always enjoy that too, and look forward to planning other opportunities to socialize with them.

So.....this post was a whole bunch of disconnected drivel....but it IS what has been going on in my life, lately.  I will try hard to have pictures in my next post.

Seeya later!

Comments

Traci said…
Y'all are going to have so much fun in Disney! I can't wait to hear about it. I'm sick of this cold weather! I love Applebee's but we don't make it there often. I wish they'd build one a little closer to us. It's a shame the fish weren't biting. Can you imagine how many Mr. Ron would've come home with since nobody else was on the lake??

I haven't used BM paint before either. I'm all about trying whatever covers the best. I'm so excited with my cabinet!
Colleen said…
OK, I totally get what ‘Skype’ is now. My sister-in-law has this on her computer but she just calls it a camera. Thanks for the great explanation. Disney Land will be such fun for all of you, cannot wait for those pictures. Sometimes while I am working on something in my computer/office, I just listen to your Blog music repeatedly ~ love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday