Happy New Year's Eve

At the end of my last post I said "Hurry Back!"   I hope you didn't, because you would have been disappointed!  Sorry.  =(

I am posting this from my mom's computer.  I am spending some time with her in Surprise, AZ and arrived here on Christmas Day.  Of course, as my luck would have it, it is colder than it has been in 20 years here right now.  I brought my swimming suit so I could enjoy the beautiful pool here, but it hasn't seen the light of day (or the light outside the drawer it is hiding in, for that matter) since I got here.  I will be staying with Mom until Jan. 6 and regardless of the weather, we are enjoying our time together.  But more about that later.

When last you heard from me I was struggling with the lights on my pre-lit Christmas tree.  The battle went on right up to Christmas Eve when last I saw them on (since I left home at 5 something on Christmas morning.)  I had a section at the bottom that would come on, then go off, then come on again before they would STAY on.  As the days marched on toward Christmas, more of the lights joined "the dance" and I would fuss at the tree more and more often!  I finally reached a point where I did not even approach the tree or wiggle a bulb...we just sat in the room with sections of our tree in darkness. 

Then, our own Christmas Miracle!  For no apparent reason, ALL of the lights on the tree....every section, every strand, every bulb....all came on for Christmas Eve and our family celebration.  It was as if I had my own "Christmas Electrician Angel" looking down from above.  Happy Days!

We spent a lot of time with our grandkids during December. 
The first weekend in December, we always take Ashlyn and Samantha to the Rural Life Museum to experience what life may have been like 125 years ago.  This year we included Emmaleigh.  The girls like to hand-dip candles, and explore the old cabins on the grounds, but their favorite activity every year is making grape-vine wreaths!

Before we left, we sat inside to watch an old-fashioned "Punch and Judy" style puppet show. 
Emmie ESPECIALLY enjoyed it!

The following weekend was Zachary's Christmas parade so we picked up Emmie and joined Heather and the girls.  Parades in the south are unlike any in the north!
If you have never been to a "South Louisiana" parade, notice the plastic bags in this photo.  And, no...Heather was not preparing for a bathroom emergency.  Parades here are all about the "throws" and along with candy, they throw beads and other things.  Since Georgia-Pacific has a plant in Zachary, their float threw paper towels and TOILET PAPER!!!
No cute floats in THESE parades!
(The facial expression here MAY have something to do with the sugar high she was on.  I didn't show you the bags of candy we dragged home!!!)


For whatever reason, the internet connection is acting up this evening and I am getting error messages.  I will shut down for the evening and wish you all a very
SAFE
and
HAPPY
New Year's Eve Celebration.

I will try to post more to catch you up....tomorrow!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
WELCOME 2011!

Comments

Colleen said…
Cousin, We here "Up North" are having a warm New Years Day, the tempeture is 45! Though I do not think winter is over I enjoyed having the windows open for a few hours today.
Much Love, and Hello to Arlene
Colleen
Traci said…
I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your time with your mom. Can't wait to hear more from you. Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday