October 1, 2010

Wow! October first! Where is the time going?? Last year at this time we were camping in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with Mom and Dad.....but that is looking back and I am focusing on looking forward.

Here is a hurricane glass in my living room that I have decorated for fall. Not great, but I think it is ok. It adds a hint of an autumn feeling to the room.

And here is a closeup of a card I stuck in the top. I got these ideas on some blogs that I have been linked to by a friend and blogger, Traci. I made this little card myself!



Here is another idea that I was exposed to in a blog. She calls it window "mistreatments". So here is my attempt at MIStreating my window tops! (I need to learn how to put a 'link' to these blogs for you, if for no other reason than to give them credit for the ideas!) Oh...and the sign above the door says FAITH.



I am watching GMA as I write this. It is raining a lot in the northeast and they just showed the rain outside the window in NYC. Christie's sister and her husband are flying to NYC this morning and leaving tomorrow on the very cruise that we are going on in two weeks. I hope their weather improves.

So we are looking forward to that cruise. (I ordered a reversible raincoat and some waterproof ankle boots....perhaps I should have loaned them to Cindy!). We are also looking forward to this weekend and I should be packing, but I am waiting for my fingernail polish to dry! We are going to north Louisiana for the weekend to attend an Alumni Reunion for Ron's high school and he is really anxious to see some of his friends!

On the way, we have to stop and buy a new camera. When I was in Michigan this summer, my sister, bro-in-law and I went biking around Traverse City. I was carrying my camera in one hand 'at the ready' to take photos as we rode around. At one point this pair of fighter jets came screaming over the top of us and my sister, who was just ahead of me, stopped dead in the street. With my free hand I squeezed the hand brake on my bike....but it was the FRONT wheel and I really stopped quickly. I tipped right over sideways as my foot missed the high curb that we were riding along next to. When I went down, I caught myself with my right hand.....and my camera. Now the lens that goes in and out is all wobbly and sometimes it won't come out (or go in) at all. "It's always something."

By the way, are you wondering about my music?? Well....this is a picture of my back door. Do you see the shoes?

Those shoes are Ron's old ratty yard shoes....old stinky tennis shoes and raggedy flip-flops. Last night MY BEST tennis shoes were sitting on that rug as well. Do you see them? No?

Well....this is what Ron found when he went out to get the paper.


That is ONE of my tennis shoes! We looked all over for the other.


We looked UP the street....


...and DOWN the street....

but we did not find my tennis shoe. The garbage trucks passed about an hour before this. If my shoe was in the street, perhaps they picked it up and tossed it in the truck, we don't see it anywhere. So that's the story of the music.

Here's a question: If a dog (or other animal) decided to pick up shoes and carry them away, why didn't they take Ron's ratty ones?????


See ya later!





Comments

Traci said…
HAHAHAHA!!! That's hilarious about your shoes!! Apparently, the dog had good taste & didn't want ratty shoes!!! I'm jealous of the cruise. We went on our first one in Jan. & we loved it! I like your fall decor too.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday