Difficult Times

These ARE difficult times for my family. As most of you know, my father passed away quickly and unexpectedly 4 weeks ago today. I miss him so much.

I have opened my blog on numerous occasions, thinking I could bring it up to date....but it is not easy. For one thing, my blog has always been me, bubbling out what was going on in my life. But right now, nothing much bubbles.

Another thing is that since I posted so sporadically this past summer, it was only a couple of posts ago that I was pouring out my love to and for my dad. I'm glad I did it....I know he was touched.....but it just makes me sad to open up my blog.

Tonight I finally felt like I could attempt it, but my brain just doesn't seem to be working and I can't reformat it as easily as I could before. I don't know why. Maybe tomorrow I will figure it out.

I just want you to know that my family seems to be doing ok. I am so proud of Mom. She seems to know that the best thing for her to do is stay busy and involved in things. She is putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward. My sister and brother and I can do no less....but we do so with the heaviest of hearts.

It was a pulmonary embolism that took my dad from me. He had no warning....not even one second. We thought he coming along with his recovery quite nicely. I think he was. He should have had many more years of life. This event appears to have been so sudden that he must not have had a split second to realize what was happening. He died between this heartbeat and that one. For that I should be grateful.....but grateful just doesn't describe how I feel.

I feel like my father was an innocent bistander, shot by a stray bullet. And I guess that is essentially what happened. Some people develop this condition after surgery; some people don't. I have spent enough time asking God WHY. I will just have to draw comfort from the fact that God is here for me and my family through the love of all the friends, neighbors, and extended family.

That comfort is what will allow me to start sharing our life with you through this blog. It will allow me to enjoy things again....and tell you about them. But I think I will have to start with 'baby steps'.

I will just end this day's post with a statement many have heard. Mom and I shared it with each other before I returned to Louisiana.

We don't know what the future holds.....

.............but we know Who holds the future. I choose to trust Him with mine.

Comments

Traci said…
I'm glad you checked in. I've been thinking of you a lot. You & your family will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday