So....happy FIFTH of July! haha

Today is Monday and we will begin our second week in northern Michigan in a couple of days. We arrived last Tuesday afternoon and immediately basked in the comfort of lower temps and reduced humidity!

We jumped right into activities as soon as we arrived and are adjusting to the busy-ness with family, the changing weather (it's getting warmer) and the longer days.

Michigan is an hour ahead of us Louisianans. That, and the fact that it just does not get dark here until almost 10 pm.......well, as Jake would say, "We're all throwed off."

Jake is enjoying T.C. The annual National Cherry Festival has begun and it will be a week of "goings on" in this area. He has been to town a couple of times, borrowing a bicycle to ride up and down the crowded sections, and quiet sections alike. After church yesterday, we enjoyed a pot luck dinner and walked across the street to the bay and sat in the shade of several trees with family and friends and enjoyed the Blue Angels air show.

Before I left home last week, a good friend called to visit. She told me that she enjoyed my blog but there was one thing wrong with it....I don't post often enough! That guilty thought has been in my mind and I am going to TRY to do better! (Don't hold your breath). Anyway....that is what provoked this short little post. I'm alive....I'll post pictures soon....and

Oh dear, someone's suggesting donuts and coffee....I gotta go. Excuse that I have not changed the music yet. All in due time!

Seeya later...

Comments

Traci said…
Sounds like you're having a great time! Can't wait to see & hear more of your adventures.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday