Well....here it is April. April 2, to be exact. I cannot believe it! Time just speeds by.
I stay so busy. I must have inherited an "industrious" gene or something because I feel bad if 3 days go by without accomplishing anything. The only time I "let" myself really relax is when I am on a vacation.
This past couple of weeks with the camper in Natchez did NOT count as a vacation to me. It counted as a "distraction". When I am distracted from accomplishing something and am not on vacation.....I feel guilty.
That little confession behind me, and speaking of vacations.....my trip to Savannah/Charleston begins Monday. I am SO EXCITED!!!
When I first started planning to take this trip, I invited a friend who works for the school system. Normally, in our area, our schools have the week AFTER Easter off. This year, for some reason, they changed to the week before. Since this trip is a tour, I didn't pick the date, and unfortunately my friend could not go. She suggested at that time that perhaps we could make our own arrangements, map out the route, get a bunch to go together and drive a van. I said...."I am very sorry that you won't be with me, but to be honest I want to pack a little suitcase, have Ron drop me off at the bus and have someone tell me where I am sitting, sleeping, eating and looking for the next 7 days!"
While I am on this trip, I am having a big birthday. I won't tell you which one, but I will tell you that two of the numbers are "6" and "0". I have two friends who were born the same year as myself that are taking this trip with me. We leave at 6 a.m. on Monday morning. On my actual birthday we will be in Savannah and the agenda shows we eat at Paula Deen's restaurant that day! Yummy! When next I post I will be full of stories about our trip!
As I said, we have had the camper in Natchez for the past few weeks. This is a trip that Ron likes to take every spring because he fishes during that time. Since Natchez is only 90 miles from here, I do some running back and forth during our stay. Last weekend Jake and Christie were there with their camper and Emmie stayed with Ron and I because we had Ashlyn and Samantha with us. Poor Christie ended up with a sick headache all day Saturday....and left to come back home Sunday evening after supper. I did my best to entertain the kids.

Of course the trip to Natchez always includes fishing. As usual, Emmie was pretty intrigued by the "cute" crickets.

But so was fishing from the pier.

There was a little hill behind our camper and Sam helped Emmie "fly" down that hill many times. Can you tell how much fun Emmie was having???

A nice fire!

Before the girls showed up, Ron did have some luck fishing. This was one of his first catches. I put my foot in the picture so you could tell the size of the fish. I guess this is pretty large for white perch.
I stay so busy. I must have inherited an "industrious" gene or something because I feel bad if 3 days go by without accomplishing anything. The only time I "let" myself really relax is when I am on a vacation.
This past couple of weeks with the camper in Natchez did NOT count as a vacation to me. It counted as a "distraction". When I am distracted from accomplishing something and am not on vacation.....I feel guilty.
That little confession behind me, and speaking of vacations.....my trip to Savannah/Charleston begins Monday. I am SO EXCITED!!!
When I first started planning to take this trip, I invited a friend who works for the school system. Normally, in our area, our schools have the week AFTER Easter off. This year, for some reason, they changed to the week before. Since this trip is a tour, I didn't pick the date, and unfortunately my friend could not go. She suggested at that time that perhaps we could make our own arrangements, map out the route, get a bunch to go together and drive a van. I said...."I am very sorry that you won't be with me, but to be honest I want to pack a little suitcase, have Ron drop me off at the bus and have someone tell me where I am sitting, sleeping, eating and looking for the next 7 days!"
While I am on this trip, I am having a big birthday. I won't tell you which one, but I will tell you that two of the numbers are "6" and "0". I have two friends who were born the same year as myself that are taking this trip with me. We leave at 6 a.m. on Monday morning. On my actual birthday we will be in Savannah and the agenda shows we eat at Paula Deen's restaurant that day! Yummy! When next I post I will be full of stories about our trip!
As I said, we have had the camper in Natchez for the past few weeks. This is a trip that Ron likes to take every spring because he fishes during that time. Since Natchez is only 90 miles from here, I do some running back and forth during our stay. Last weekend Jake and Christie were there with their camper and Emmie stayed with Ron and I because we had Ashlyn and Samantha with us. Poor Christie ended up with a sick headache all day Saturday....and left to come back home Sunday evening after supper. I did my best to entertain the kids.
I brought colored yarn and the girls found sticks and we made "God's Eyes". I didn't get a picture of them, sorry.
We did boil and dye Easter eggs.

Of course the trip to Natchez always includes fishing. As usual, Emmie was pretty intrigued by the "cute" crickets.

But so was fishing from the pier.
When Emmie got tired of fishing, I sat in the van with her and she took pictures. She took this!

It's always fun for the girls sleeping in the camper. We have to rotate sleeping accomodations so that each girl gets to sleep with Emmie. Since there were 3 nights to their stay, I slept with Emmie the last night, but Sammie had a turn the night before.

It's always fun for the girls sleeping in the camper. We have to rotate sleeping accomodations so that each girl gets to sleep with Emmie. Since there were 3 nights to their stay, I slept with Emmie the last night, but Sammie had a turn the night before.

There was a little hill behind our camper and Sam helped Emmie "fly" down that hill many times. Can you tell how much fun Emmie was having???
The campfires were always fun and we had s'mores a couple nights. Here are our girls:

A nice fire!

Before the girls showed up, Ron did have some luck fishing. This was one of his first catches. I put my foot in the picture so you could tell the size of the fish. I guess this is pretty large for white perch.
One day Ron caught a catfish. We had it for supper and it was good. It put up a good fight. Later in his stay, Ron says he caught a couple more that were bigger and he could not even get them in the boat!


Emmie was real curious about the "cleaning" process of the fish although she was pretty surprised that the fish were still "flopping around" as Ron took his first slice into them!
Before he had all of these fish cleaned, she was standing back about 10 feet squealing! haha
All in all, it was a good weekend. I brought the girls home on Monday and have spent several days this week working around the house. Ron came home yesterday and today I have done some grocery shopping and got my hair cut. He is going to the games this weekend, but I am packing and also preparing some casseroles for him to eat while I am gone!
Since I have been home this week I have painted all of the island cabinets, detailed my van inside and out, cleaned out the carport storage room, scrubbed out a bunch of ice chests, cleaned the entire outside of my freezer (which is in the carport storage room) including vacuuming the coils underneath, weeded some more in the flower beds, and did some sorting and organizing in the outside storage room where I keep seasonal items, luggage, and excess furniture. I pulled out a bunch of things to send to Goodwill.
I think I will really be ready for this vacation!






Comments