"I'm starving very bad"

I have Emmaleigh today because she has strep and can't go to school. Actually, you wouldn't think she had anything other than a little cold from the way she is acting. Anyway....she was not ready to take a nap today and I was trying to get some things done. I fixed her a piece of pizza and Ron cut up some cantaloupe for her. She ate very well and then I put her down on a blanket and pillow on the floor in the playroom. The reason was that I knew a friend was stopping by to drop off some pants for me to hem soon and I wanted to be able to shut the door.


I was trying to get chicken enchiladas put together and into the oven so Ron could eat before he left for the LSU baseball game (First this season). So she had just begun to drift off when Traci got here, and of course Em got right up. After Traci left, I got her BACK onto her blanket, tucked her in, turned on her lullaby music and told her I had to get the chicken stuff made and then I would come lay down with her. As soon as I got to the kitchen, she wandered in right behind me. "Grandma?" "Emmie....you better get back in there and lay down." "But.........I'm........, um....I'm hungry Grandma." (Remember....I'm cooking in the kitchen.)

"You are NOT hungry, Emmaleigh!" "Yes, Grandma, I really am. I'm starving." (All this time she is dodging me in the kitchen as I am trying to grab her arm and turn her back toward her room). "I'm STARVING, Grandma. I'm starving really bad!"

What a little stinker! I finally got the enchiladas in the oven and we each lay down on opposite ends of the couch. It probably took her about 90 seconds to fall asleep! Good grief!




Well....since I last posted....we had snow AGAIN! What is this about?




You might get tired of looking at pictures of snow....but look at the size of those snowflakes! We were really surprised!



In Louisiana, Mardi Gras is a school holiday. In fact, the kids get off TWO DAYS to celebrate. Since I was going to have Emmaleigh that day (no pre-school for her, but Christie and Jake still had to work), I decided to take ALL 3 girls bowling. When we got into the car, I took this picture over my shoulder while looking in the visor mirror. (Ron was driving). Sorry it's blurry....but they look happy
Emmie's ball only weighed 6 lbs, so she could carry it herself





We had the "bumpers" put up so we wouldn't have gutter balls. We were just about the only people bowling in the place. I think the kids had a good time, but Ashlyn was annoyed when we left. "I was beat by a THREE-year old!!!" she mourned


This past Sunday, I was feeling lonely and told Ron that I wished we could have company. It wasn't 10 minutes later that Jake called and asked if we were getting the Fox Sports channel on cable. He has satellite tv and it was not coming in for some reason. "Yes, son. We're getting it." So he asked his Dad if we would mind if he came to watch the NASCAR Race (from Daytona). Oh....and Robert, too. "No problem....come over." I was making bbq beef po-boys so told Ron to go by some buns and chips and Dr. Pepper. Before he even got out the driveway he came back into the house and said that Jake had called his cellphone to tell him that Christie had a bunch of snacks she would bring because Robert's wife was coming also. Now, all of the sudden, Ron and I were going to be joined by Jake, Christie, Emmie, Robert and Kathy. A half hour later, when Jake arrived, he carried in some snack foods and said "By the way, Mom. Chris is coming too. He's on his way home from work and coming straight here."

Within 90 minutes of me wishing for company, my living room was full and we all enjoyed the race and the food!

Be careful what you wish for

Comments

Traci said…
We should've stayed outside so Emmaleigh would take her nap!
Carolyn and Ron said…
But then I wouldn't have had the title for this post!!! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday