I can't sleep!
Here it is a Sunday night...nearly midnight and I can't go to sleep.
Ron left last Wednesday morning headed to the hunting camp. He went a couple days early because he had made some deer stands and wanted to get them in place before opening day, which was Saturday. This gave me 5 days alone to get some things done!
I had been cleaning closets out. It all started when I was putting things into the kitchen cupboards. This opened up space in my dining room cabinetry for some things that were still stored in boxes. As I pulled out the boxes, things in closets and corners of this house were in need of "adjusting". One thing led to another and I found myself in the RV storage room! I HAVE SO MUCH JUNK I DON'T NEED!
My neighbor told me back in September that her family was having a garage sale in early November. I decided that having one here on the same day would be beneficial to both of us and really started pulling stuff out. If any of you have ever started emptying all of your secret hidey holes and closets and drawers and the spaces under your beds, you eventually get quite a pile of stuff in your living spaces. I don't have much SPACE in my living spaces.....so I very quickly reached a point of no return. I didn't get it all together in time to coordinate a sale with my neighbor, but I kept sorting and cleaning and decided to do it while Ron was away.
Trouble is....I planned SEVERAL things for while Ron was away.....and then I got sick. Well, not SICK sick...just a nasty cold, but it didn't help. Some people think I got sick because I planned so much (and pushed myself to accomplish so much) ....and they may be right. Fact is, ever since the time changed I have been waking up between 4 and 5 a.m. every day and getting up. I was getting stuff done, but wasn't getting much rest! Anyway....Ron left, and I was cleaning closets. I was also putting the finishing touches on 2 nightgowns for my "big girls".
It was time for my annual trip to the photographer to have the granddaughter's Christmas portrait made. Every year I spend weeks agonizing over what to have them wear that will coordinate. This year I decided we would do Christmas pajamas. Trouble is....all that I could find in sizes that would fit all three would have cost a fortune. I ended up buying only the smallest and decided to sew gowns for the others. Easy, right? Wrong! I had trouble finding a pattern. I had trouble finding the fabric. When I finally did find what I needed, I made the appointment, and cut out the gowns. At this point I am cleaning closets AND sewing nightgowns.
But I also decided that this would be an excellent time to get some of my girlfriends together for a visit. I made the calls and we picked a location and day. OK, now I am cleaning out the RV storage building, sewing nightgowns and looking forward to my gabfest with friends when I wake up Thursday morning with a scratchy throat. I was able to visit (for four hours) with some of my oldest friends from the church I used to attend on Thursday evening. On Friday morning I dragged the junk, I mean MERCHANDISE, into my carport and put out my signs. By noon I had sold a good bit of stuff, but I was also beginning to feel really crummy. I was sneezing and coughing and very hoarse. But I pushed on. When most everything was sold, I started cleaning up. I had made $187.
I pulled up the signs and headed back to the sewing machine to sew the ruffles on the hems of the gowns. Shortly after I finished that, Ashlyn and Samantha arrived. We started chopping onions and chicken for enchiladas that I promised we would make. Christie and Emmie showed up and we all enjoyed our supper together before getting the 3 of them all scrubbed from stem to stern. I polished 20 toenails and Christie polished 10 more. At 9 p.m. I was exhausted and we all headed for bed. I coughed and sneezed through the night and was even feeling somewhat feverish by morning.....but the show MUST go on. Isn't that what they say???
Our appointment was a 30 minute drive away. We arrived and dressed the girls in their gowns, put the finishing touches on hairdos, rid 3 pairs of feet of their socks and shoes and headed into the studio....at which time Emmie decided that she DID NOT WANT HER PICTURE TAKEN!
For awhile, this was the best we could do! But, after a few threats and bribes, we got a passable photo and got back into our street clothes. Christie, Emmie, Ashlyn, Samantha and I all ate together in the food court at the mall and headed home. I delivered the big girls home, Christie and Emmie headed out and I was in my p.j.'s and bed by 2 p.m.
I stayed in bed napping, watching movies, browsing through magazines, surfing the internet, and napping some more all Saturday afternoon and all day today. Actually, I am feeling a lot better. I have already stopped coughing and sneezing...and only have a bit of a hoarse throat left. I guess the resting really helped.
When I finally turned off the lights to settle in for the night tonight, my eyes were wide open. Ron had come in from his time at the camp, where he said he did not sleep well. He was beginning to snore which is a sign of how tired HE was. That didn't help me in my effort to go to sleep. Also, I am not usually a napper. When I do nap, this is what happens (not being able to go to sleep at a decent hour). So, I got up and washed some dishes in the sink, emptied the kitchen trash which was smelly, and turned my computer back on to talk to you.
I think I can go to sleep now, so thanks for listening to this rambling tale of woe. Actually, I am very happy that I have the photos behind us, and also the garage sale. I am looking foward to this week and carrying off the remainder of the stuff from the sale, putting things back in order and starting to work on my Christmas card.
We are also looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving this week with family, as well as having our Graves' Christmas in Mississippi this next Saturday. I guess I can start thinking about getting my Christmas decorations out.
Oh my, more digging in the storage areas!
By the way, if I don't post again before Thursday, happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for each one of you in my life.
Ron left last Wednesday morning headed to the hunting camp. He went a couple days early because he had made some deer stands and wanted to get them in place before opening day, which was Saturday. This gave me 5 days alone to get some things done!
I had been cleaning closets out. It all started when I was putting things into the kitchen cupboards. This opened up space in my dining room cabinetry for some things that were still stored in boxes. As I pulled out the boxes, things in closets and corners of this house were in need of "adjusting". One thing led to another and I found myself in the RV storage room! I HAVE SO MUCH JUNK I DON'T NEED!
My neighbor told me back in September that her family was having a garage sale in early November. I decided that having one here on the same day would be beneficial to both of us and really started pulling stuff out. If any of you have ever started emptying all of your secret hidey holes and closets and drawers and the spaces under your beds, you eventually get quite a pile of stuff in your living spaces. I don't have much SPACE in my living spaces.....so I very quickly reached a point of no return. I didn't get it all together in time to coordinate a sale with my neighbor, but I kept sorting and cleaning and decided to do it while Ron was away.
Trouble is....I planned SEVERAL things for while Ron was away.....and then I got sick. Well, not SICK sick...just a nasty cold, but it didn't help. Some people think I got sick because I planned so much (and pushed myself to accomplish so much) ....and they may be right. Fact is, ever since the time changed I have been waking up between 4 and 5 a.m. every day and getting up. I was getting stuff done, but wasn't getting much rest! Anyway....Ron left, and I was cleaning closets. I was also putting the finishing touches on 2 nightgowns for my "big girls".
It was time for my annual trip to the photographer to have the granddaughter's Christmas portrait made. Every year I spend weeks agonizing over what to have them wear that will coordinate. This year I decided we would do Christmas pajamas. Trouble is....all that I could find in sizes that would fit all three would have cost a fortune. I ended up buying only the smallest and decided to sew gowns for the others. Easy, right? Wrong! I had trouble finding a pattern. I had trouble finding the fabric. When I finally did find what I needed, I made the appointment, and cut out the gowns. At this point I am cleaning closets AND sewing nightgowns.
But I also decided that this would be an excellent time to get some of my girlfriends together for a visit. I made the calls and we picked a location and day. OK, now I am cleaning out the RV storage building, sewing nightgowns and looking forward to my gabfest with friends when I wake up Thursday morning with a scratchy throat. I was able to visit (for four hours) with some of my oldest friends from the church I used to attend on Thursday evening. On Friday morning I dragged the junk, I mean MERCHANDISE, into my carport and put out my signs. By noon I had sold a good bit of stuff, but I was also beginning to feel really crummy. I was sneezing and coughing and very hoarse. But I pushed on. When most everything was sold, I started cleaning up. I had made $187.
I pulled up the signs and headed back to the sewing machine to sew the ruffles on the hems of the gowns. Shortly after I finished that, Ashlyn and Samantha arrived. We started chopping onions and chicken for enchiladas that I promised we would make. Christie and Emmie showed up and we all enjoyed our supper together before getting the 3 of them all scrubbed from stem to stern. I polished 20 toenails and Christie polished 10 more. At 9 p.m. I was exhausted and we all headed for bed. I coughed and sneezed through the night and was even feeling somewhat feverish by morning.....but the show MUST go on. Isn't that what they say???
Our appointment was a 30 minute drive away. We arrived and dressed the girls in their gowns, put the finishing touches on hairdos, rid 3 pairs of feet of their socks and shoes and headed into the studio....at which time Emmie decided that she DID NOT WANT HER PICTURE TAKEN!
For awhile, this was the best we could do! But, after a few threats and bribes, we got a passable photo and got back into our street clothes. Christie, Emmie, Ashlyn, Samantha and I all ate together in the food court at the mall and headed home. I delivered the big girls home, Christie and Emmie headed out and I was in my p.j.'s and bed by 2 p.m.I stayed in bed napping, watching movies, browsing through magazines, surfing the internet, and napping some more all Saturday afternoon and all day today. Actually, I am feeling a lot better. I have already stopped coughing and sneezing...and only have a bit of a hoarse throat left. I guess the resting really helped.
When I finally turned off the lights to settle in for the night tonight, my eyes were wide open. Ron had come in from his time at the camp, where he said he did not sleep well. He was beginning to snore which is a sign of how tired HE was. That didn't help me in my effort to go to sleep. Also, I am not usually a napper. When I do nap, this is what happens (not being able to go to sleep at a decent hour). So, I got up and washed some dishes in the sink, emptied the kitchen trash which was smelly, and turned my computer back on to talk to you.
I think I can go to sleep now, so thanks for listening to this rambling tale of woe. Actually, I am very happy that I have the photos behind us, and also the garage sale. I am looking foward to this week and carrying off the remainder of the stuff from the sale, putting things back in order and starting to work on my Christmas card.
We are also looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving this week with family, as well as having our Graves' Christmas in Mississippi this next Saturday. I guess I can start thinking about getting my Christmas decorations out.
Oh my, more digging in the storage areas!
By the way, if I don't post again before Thursday, happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for each one of you in my life.
Comments