Beautiful Weather
I will start right out with an apology to any of you who might not be having as beautiful weather as we are right now. I'm sorry you aren't. But WE are, and you will excuse me if I just acknowledge it here!
I continued to work on cleaning and organizing. Today I put a whole folder full of recipe clippings into page protectors and got them into a notebook. After lunch the weather was 67 degrees and Ron would call it a "Bluebird Day". He worked out back on a deer stand he is building as hunting season is only a week away. After lunch I headed out to the loft in the RV carport (I NEVER know what to call that thing....it is like a carport for our 5th wheel. RV port sounds like something on a computer!!!) where I had several boxes I wanted to go through. I pulled down some boxes of fabric, and identified some baby items that I will drag down to sell. I rearranged a bit and put away suitcases that someone ELSE in our family can never seem to get back into the space I have designated for luggage! I brought in some Thanksgiving decorations.
It was not cool, and not hot, and not humid. I could not have asked for more perfect weather for what I was doing. I am thinking more and more about having a garage sale soon.
I came back inside and called a neighbor that sews quilts. She is a widow lady in her mid 80's but a very sweet lady. I brought 2 boxes of fabric to her. She gave me a bag of tangerines off a tree in her yard....AND a little jar of tangerine jelly! Wow! WIN-WIN!
I WAS headed to the grocery to pick up some chicken flavored Ramen noodles. I am going to try the cole slaw recipe that my friend's daughter (well....I guess SHE is my friend, too...) posted on her blog for sharing! Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving potluck get-together for the Railroad retiree's group we belong too. On my way to the grocery, I got a phone call that one of Jake's friends who has been out of town training for his new AT&T position was back in Baton Rouge and needed someone to come get him. Jake had dropped him off last Sunday and taken the truck back to his house so it wouldn't be parked all week in a non-secured parking lot. BUT...Jake was not even in town when the call came. My sweet husband offered to make the run but I let him take my van. That left me without my noodles and without my vehicle.
But it was such a pretty day and there is a grocery store across the highway and down the block from my home, so I decided to WALK!
As I did just that, I was thinking of what a blessing it was to live so close to this store so that I COULD walk there if I had to. Then I thought of what a blessing it was that I could walk. Period! There are so many people in this world who, for health or other physical reasons cannot walk any distance. Another blessing for me! As I pondered THAT, it occurred to me that the beautiful weather was another blessing.....and my husband running the "pick-up errand" for me was a blessing.....and the friends we have at the potluck I was preparing the dish for, another blessing! My neighbors, the over abundance of "things" I have....the list went on, and on.
Of course, today is NOT the only day that I (and probably YOU, as well) have been multiply blessed; it is just that today I NOTICED!
I am going to try to notice again tomorrow!
I continued to work on cleaning and organizing. Today I put a whole folder full of recipe clippings into page protectors and got them into a notebook. After lunch the weather was 67 degrees and Ron would call it a "Bluebird Day". He worked out back on a deer stand he is building as hunting season is only a week away. After lunch I headed out to the loft in the RV carport (I NEVER know what to call that thing....it is like a carport for our 5th wheel. RV port sounds like something on a computer!!!) where I had several boxes I wanted to go through. I pulled down some boxes of fabric, and identified some baby items that I will drag down to sell. I rearranged a bit and put away suitcases that someone ELSE in our family can never seem to get back into the space I have designated for luggage! I brought in some Thanksgiving decorations.
It was not cool, and not hot, and not humid. I could not have asked for more perfect weather for what I was doing. I am thinking more and more about having a garage sale soon.
I came back inside and called a neighbor that sews quilts. She is a widow lady in her mid 80's but a very sweet lady. I brought 2 boxes of fabric to her. She gave me a bag of tangerines off a tree in her yard....AND a little jar of tangerine jelly! Wow! WIN-WIN!
I WAS headed to the grocery to pick up some chicken flavored Ramen noodles. I am going to try the cole slaw recipe that my friend's daughter (well....I guess SHE is my friend, too...) posted on her blog for sharing! Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving potluck get-together for the Railroad retiree's group we belong too. On my way to the grocery, I got a phone call that one of Jake's friends who has been out of town training for his new AT&T position was back in Baton Rouge and needed someone to come get him. Jake had dropped him off last Sunday and taken the truck back to his house so it wouldn't be parked all week in a non-secured parking lot. BUT...Jake was not even in town when the call came. My sweet husband offered to make the run but I let him take my van. That left me without my noodles and without my vehicle.
But it was such a pretty day and there is a grocery store across the highway and down the block from my home, so I decided to WALK!
As I did just that, I was thinking of what a blessing it was to live so close to this store so that I COULD walk there if I had to. Then I thought of what a blessing it was that I could walk. Period! There are so many people in this world who, for health or other physical reasons cannot walk any distance. Another blessing for me! As I pondered THAT, it occurred to me that the beautiful weather was another blessing.....and my husband running the "pick-up errand" for me was a blessing.....and the friends we have at the potluck I was preparing the dish for, another blessing! My neighbors, the over abundance of "things" I have....the list went on, and on.
Of course, today is NOT the only day that I (and probably YOU, as well) have been multiply blessed; it is just that today I NOTICED!
I am going to try to notice again tomorrow!
Comments
Anna