Woops

When I last posted I ended with a comment about having high-speed internet and posting more soon. It was a PROMISE! And I said that the Cherry Festival was coming up. Woops.

Needless to say, it got busy. Before I knew it, Jake left WITH the high-speed internet access. We stayed away from the Cherry Festival. I helped Mom buy a new computer and got her hooked up to a new internet service. We spent a lot of time with family and friends. I rarely checked my email, let alone posting to my blog.

Now, as I post today, over a month has passed. We are all back home and school is about to begin again. Unbelievably, Ashlyn will be in the 5th grade and Samantha in the 4th!

The weather during the time that Jake and his family were in Michigan was not QUITE as lovely and nowhere near as warm as when Heather's family was there. Nevertheless, we did have some fun times. I'll let the following photos speak for themselves on that.

















Ron left with Jake's family on Sunday, July 12th. The following Saturday was the Beeman Reunion and in 60-something years, I NEVER remember it being as cold and miserable as it was that day. More photos will tell THAT story.





Joanne's daughter, Holly Jo, came "home" for a brief visit. She had been living in Boston area and attended MIT. Just prior to her coming home, she actually had a stroke and was in the hospital for a week undergoing tests. Near as I know, they have not determined what caused the stroke, and she is almost completely recovered. A day or so after the reunion, Larry and Joanne loaded up their vehicle and drove Holly back to Boston where they completed packing up her belongings in preparation for a move to Raleigh-Durham, NC. She will be studying for her doctorate at Chapel Hill.

Mom, Dad and I had a few quiet days before friends, Jerry and Opal Foreman, from Sunflower Park in Surprise, AZ., showed up with their motor home. Ron and I had been happy get acquainted with them in Jan-Feb 08 when were at Sunflower, so it was nice to spend time with them.

I left Michigan in my van on Sunday, July 26 and arrived home to great busy-ness (as usual). Our granite was scheduled to be put in the kitchen on August 6, so I was scrambling to get all of the cabinets painted. Of course there has been time with grandchildren, and friends.

Now.....the granite is in. Hooray!!!!!

I am still painting cabinet doors, and we have more granite coming when our island base is complete, but the plumbers came today and we finally have a sink to wash dishes in, a working ice-maker in the fridge, and the cooktop on the range working. The electricians will be another week or so....so since my range is "dual fuel" I still have no functioning oven, microwave or dishwasher. But I am not complaining!!!

We have a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG way to go yet, but looking back shows how far we have come!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks GREAT you guys! The before and after is amazing!!!! It was so good to spend some time with you in TC, Carolyn! Wish it could've been longer! Come and see us! Love, Jeannie
hojo said…
Ooh. like the countertops! I doubt i'll be getting granite any time too soon though. Not on a grad student income. :)

And knowing me, I'll end up research all the renewable alternatives to granite.

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday