Whew?

(Sorry.....this post sat in the "draft" folder for a couple of days. Will post now....things still look good for us as far as Ike is concerned although the current prediction shows it turning north a bit sooner.)

It may be too soon to heave a sigh of relief......and I have to feel somewhat guilty, because our being missed by Hurricane Ike means someone else being hit. I am trying to follow the recommendation of our pastor this past Sunday and pray that the storm diminishes, rather than praying that it goes elsewhere!!!!!




8 days after Gustav blew through here, there are still many areas of Baton Rouge without power. In some of the outlying or more wooded areas, they don't expect power to be restored for another week or maybe two!




Several of you have asked how New Orleans fared in Gustav and to be honest with you, I don't know. Our news has (of course) focused mainly on our own community....and I have been way too busy to pay much attention to anything much besides cooking and picking up after the "extras" in my tiny house. Jake and Christie and little Emmie are the only ones still here. They still don't have power at their home. Christie and Jake DID go back to work this week, but daycare situations are disrupted. Christie missed all last week at work, so needs to try to make up a bit this week....meaning less work from home and more in the office. The Mothers Day Out program is just resuming this morning, and her parents just got their power restored yesterday. Things should get back to normal very soon. But without power to many, even our local businesses aren't back to regular hours as they do not have a full staff available. The grocery stores are trying hard, but they aren't back to fully stocked yet. All meats and freezer goods were removed/lost at 2 of the 3 local grocery stores. I was able to get most of what I needed/wanted yesterday at the Walmart Superstore.




You don't know what you have until you lose it!




While I have been cooking and trying to stay on top of things, Ron has had some time to finish the lattice and gate project. I think he did a really good job.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday