La Cucaracha!

(MOM WON'T LIKE THIS POST!)



We are making pretty good progress on the "closet" project.


Ron left yesterday morning to spend the weekend with his brothers in Mississippi and do some fishing. I spent the day helping my friends who are remodeling their kitchen. We were using sheet rock mud to repair damage to the dry wall done when she removed old wallpaper.


Today I was at home working with sheet rock mud in my own house....this time adding texture to the walls.


I have had buckets of "mud" in and out of my kitchen from my carport or my outside storage room. I have brought in boxes from the storage room containing my sheet rock tools. I have taken my utensils out to the hose to clean them off and leaned buckets, roller pans and other items against the side of the house. I have carried in paint cans, primer cans and boxes of paint brushes.


In the past week we have knocked down some sheet rock and moved a couple of walls. We have hauled in the shop vac, we had a big old garbage can from the workshop right smack in the middle of the hallway for 2 days.


(Any of you who live in the south, or used to, can just about guess where this story is going.)


At some point this afternoon I returned to my kitchen sink to rinse a tool and found.....


(Photo from Wiki-pedia)
La Cucaracha!
IN MY SINK!
Now you can't step on a bug in your sink! So I grabbed the good old southern staple, Bengal Roach Spray, and chased that sucker out of the sink, down the cabinet door and across the kitchen floor where he flopped over, grabbed his throat, stuck out his tongue and laid there with his feet in the air. I grabbed him with a paper towel and tossed him into the nearly full garbage can, which (for convenience) was right in the middle of the kitchen. He was still wiggling, but was gasping and waving his legs in the air so I went on my way.
Awhile later I came to the kitchen and found the bugger lying on the floor NEXT to the can, dead. Hmmm! I grabbed another paper towel, scooped him up and there he was, nested in a layer of coffee grounds and paper towels. Good riddance.
Back to work, back to the kitchen. Wash off a paint brush and squeeze it dry with a paper towel. Turn to toss the towel in the trash and....to my amazement....La Cucaracha is no longer resting in the coffee grounds! "Oh well," I thought. "Perhaps in his final throes of death, he flopped around enough to fall further into the trash can. Wherever he is...he is so soaked in oily spray that he will not last much longer.
I didn't give that creature another thought, but returned to my work. This evening I was doing my final cleanup, and then scoured my sink in preparation for washing out a couple of the days dishes. Standing barefoot at the sink, I suddenly felt something brush across my toes. Glancing down....
....you guessed it! Unwilling to stomp him with my bare feet, I grabbed that can and soaked him so much that he nearly curled up!!! This time the trash can was placed OUTSIDE the back door.
I hate those cockroaches!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok so being someone from the north and how much I hate cockroaches I'm sure I would have freaked and told Andy pack up we're moving lol. I will say I was laughing at your story and thinking poor Carolyn.
Love Jackie
Anonymous said…
Oh Carolyn!! I so sympathize....I had a friend once tell me the cockroaches in Hawaii were so big they rearranged your furniture when you left the house for an hour. I have news - they have relatives in Alabama just as big. Ugh. I HATE THEM TOO!!! Only I hate them so bad that after I spray them, I haul out the vacuum cleaner, hook up the LONG WAND so I stand far away when I suck that sucker up into the vacuum bag - from whence they have never ventured back out. I can't get close enough to pick them up with a paper towel.....no. Yuck. Double Yuck. Time to put a boric acid barrier around the outside of your house!

Ahem. See? I read your blog, and I didn't even know you'd posted. Aren't you proud? ;-)

Love,
Anna
Terri <> said…
OMG, that was sooo funny...hate them too..love reading your blogs. that are realy funny.. your are soo expressive..Thanks for sending them to me.
Terri <><
Terri <> said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
well this is the "turd" time to write..this is confusing it keeps telling me to word verivication. I do it but it keeps coming back...hope this one goes through..love reading your blog, lol, to funny, girl..hate them too. yuck again.
Terri <><

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List!

Cold Sunday afternoon

Friday